Home Forums The Red Board Hats off to Lovie and the D

This topic contains 20 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous September 21, 2015 at 3:23 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Hats off to Lovie and the D

• Profile photo of RogerGoodellSucks
    RogerGoodellSucks
    Participant
    Profile photo of RogerGoodellSucksRogerGoodellSucks

Great bounce back performance by them. This is the type of progress and play I think we were all expecting last week. Some guys who stood out to me:Jacquies Smith: 3 Sacks and 2 forced fumbles. Awesome performance and this is EXACTLY what we need. A speedy outside pass rusher. A lot of people, including me, weren't sure if the time he got last year was just a fluke, but it really seems like he's legit. 4 sacks in 2 games now. If he can keep this up, that would be HUGE for our defense.Lavonte David: Probably played the worst game of his career week 1. He definitely bounced back strong today. Had a few nice pass break ups which were almost picks and just was in the right spots at the right time.Henry Melton, Sterling Moore and Chris Conte: 3 guys who were picked up from FA that knew the D well all came up with big plays today. Was really happy to see Conte make some plays. With Swearinger looking lost out there at times, I can see why Lovie wants Conte in over him.

Profile photo of redwolf384
    redwolf384
    Participant
    Profile photo of redwolf384redwolf384

Not gonna lie I didn’t see this defensive performance coming. Knew there would be improvement because it couldn’t go any worse then last week. All 3 levels played well. Let’s keep it going!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Profile photo of Anonymous

J. Smith was huge today!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Jac was beating Strief like a drum out there, they started chipping him after the first 2, but GMC was drawing double teams all day our front 4 was looking good out there.We need a deeper rotation on our ends to keep em fresh, I saw them out there a little too much towards the end. TJ needs to get back so we can get some fresh legs out thereJac was getting experimented a lil at RE at the preseason but he's clearly better at LE where slower RT's cant stop him

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I thought Brees was injured early and it showed.  They guys open all day he just couldn’t make good throws.  Not sure if it was his shoulder or not but our defense did not look great at all.It is still a major concern along with Lovie.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I thought Brees was injured early and it showed.  They guys open all day he just couldn't make good throws.  Not sure if it was his shoulder or not but our defense did not look great at all.It is still a major concern along with Lovie.

Did Brees injure himself?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Solid special teams as well…Blocked kick was big.  Plus solid kicking/punting and coverage.

Profile photo of mike25315
    mike25315
    Participant
    Profile photo of mike25315mike25315

I thought Brees was injured early and it showed.  They guys open all day he just couldn't make good throws.  Not sure if it was his shoulder or not but our defense did not look great at all.It is still a major concern along with Lovie.

You are so ignorant it's sickening--give the D the credit due them---that was an NFL team they played to day. With fans like you this team doesn't even need enemies--you will give them more negative mojo than any opposing team. Just STFU will you please.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

If brees was injured it was on that second sack strip by Jac where he was feeling his shoulder out

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

If brees was injured it was on that second sack strip by Jac where he was feeling his shoulder out

He definitely didn't have the zip he usually does. He under threw quite a few balls today. Just looked like he was hurt. Hats off to Jac if he was the one who put a hurtin' on him.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Last week Lovie was out the door being chased with pitchforks, this week not so much.Prepare yourselves this is a young team - level expectations.Jekyll and Hyde for the first half of the season is what I expect...  leaning positive towards the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

George Johnson is horrible lawd!…this dude shouldn’t be on the damn field ….if you don’t believe me watch the game again… He applied one hurry all game

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Amen. I was among the crew that ripped him hard last week.Today, that LOOKED like the Bucs D we are all used to. Let's hope he can do it back to back on the road.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I will give Lovie a mulligan for last week (first time calling plays in a long time, lots of wrinkles).  Statistically the Bucs were not a bad defense last week compared to the NFL.  This second week kind of reinforces that the Bucs are actually near NFL average or approaching that.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Smith had a really good day and I have to give Conte credit, he was much better than I expected. I thought swearinger was solid as well. Next week is a good opportunity to keep the defensive momentum up. It could be ugly for us offensively but the only healthy weapon Houston has is Hopkins, so hopefully they can make this a winning streak.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2016 PewterReport.com All Rights reserved. Tampa Web Design | Visual Realm