With free agency winding down and pro days in full force, Pewter Report issues the sixth NFL mock draft of the year. As promised, the length of the mock draft has expanded beyond the first round. Pewter Report will continue to update the mock draft as the draft season moves into the pro days and team visits. The early entries are marked with a *.FIRST ROUND1. St. Louis Rams- Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford *
The Rams must address their dismal quarterback situation.
2. Detroit Lions- Oklahoma State OT Russell Okung
The Lions' actions point towards Okung. They need a LT badly.3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh
The Bucs get the player they covet the most.
4. Washington Redskins- Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen
Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen have no qualms with a character risk.
5. Kansas City Chiefs- Tennessee S Eric Berry *
Scott Pioli fills a need with one of the best football players in the draft.
6. Seattle Seahawks- Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy *
The Seahawks are almost as lucky as Tampa Bay.
7. Cleveland Browns- Florida CB Joe Haden *
The combine 40 time doesn't eclipse the great tape. 8. Oakland Raiders- Maryland OT Bruce Campbell *
The Raiders always go for super athletes.
9. Buffalo Bills- Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga *
The Bills couldn't keep a quarterback on his feet last year. 10. Jacksonville Jaguars- Texas S Earl Thomas *
The Kampman signing allows the Jags to look elsewhere on defense. 11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago)- Alabama LB Rolando McClain *
The Broncos fortified their line but need linebacker help.
12. Miami Dolphins- Tennessee DT Dan Williams
The Miami 3-4 defense needs a young nose tackle.
13. San Francisco 49ers- Oklahoma OT Trent Williams
They have a big hole at right tackle and land the best RT in the draft.
14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver)- Clemson RB C.J. Spiller
Spiller will provide the game-breaker that Pete Carroll likes to have. 15. New York Giants- UCLA DT Brian Price*
The Giants lost Fred Robbins and need help on the line.
16. Tennessee Titans- South Florida DE Jason Pierre-Paul *
JPP is a superb athlete, and the Titans need help on the line.
17. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina)- Boise State CB Kyle Wilson
The 49ers have a need at corner that wasn't addressed in free agency.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers- Florida G/C Maurkice Pouncey
The Steelers need to inject some youth and power in their line.
19. Atlanta Falcons- Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan *
Morgan slides down a bit, but stays local with the Falcons.
20. Houston Texans- Fresno State RB Ryan Mathews *
The Texans are going to draft a RB highly this year.
21. Cincinnati Bengals- USC S Taylor Mays *
The Bengals keep up the recent tradition of drafting Trojans.
22. New England Patriots- Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant *
The Patriots try to straighten out another problem child wide receiver.
23. Green Bay Packers- Idaho G Mike Iupati
The Packers could use a power drive blocker like Iupati. He's a good fit.
24. Philadelphia Eagles- Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon
The Eagles need help at linebacker, as signing Jeremiah Trotter indicated.
25. Baltimore Ravens- Rutgers CB Devin McCourty
The Ravens solved their receiver need so they look at corner.
26. Arizona Cardinals- Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham *
They could go a lot of directions, and land the top TE here. 27. Dallas Cowboys- Rutgers OT Anthony Davis *
The Cowboys find a replacement for their aging offensive tackles.
28. San Diego Chargers- Alabama DT Terrence Cody
With Mathews gone, the Chargers fill their nose tackle position.
29. New York Jets- Notre Dame WR Golden Tate *
The Jets still need help at wide receiver, and Tate is good value here.
30. Minnesota Vikings- Penn State DT Jared Odrick
Cornerback is the other option, but the Vikes need a young DT. 31. Indianapolis Colts- Michigan DE Brandon Graham
A bit low for Graham, but the Colts wouldn't complain.
32. New Orleans Saints- USC DE Everson Griffen
The Saints could use a new DE to replace Charles Grant. SECOND ROUND33. St. Louis Rams- Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas *
The Rams are going to need some weapons for Bradford.34. Detroit Lions- Cal DT Tyson Alualu
The Lions plug in an underrated d-tackle to finish their new DL. 35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- TCU DE/OLB Jerry Hughes
The Bucs need a speed rushing right end badly. 36. Kansas City Chiefs- Texas LB Sergio Kindle
Good value here, and the Chiefs need an upgraded pass rush.
37. Washington Redskins- USC OT Charles Brown
The Redskins find a replacement for Chris Samuels. 38. Cleveland Browns- Texas QB Colt McCoy
The Browns could use a young quarterback.
39. Oakland Raiders- Florida State CB Patrick Robinson
Another speed athlete that fills a hole for the Raiders.
40. San Diego Chargers- Georgia Tech RB Jonathan Dwyer *
Dwyer is an underrated player, and an ideal replacement for LT.
41. Buffalo Bills- North Carolina DT Cam Thomas
Buffalo needs a nose tackle for their switch to the 3-4.
42. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Chicago)- Illinois WR Arrelious Benn *
The Bucs badly need a WR, and Benn fits the offense well.
43. Miami Dolphins- LSU S Chad Jones *
They missed out on a safety in free agency.
44. New England Patriots (from Jacksonville)- Utah LB Koa Misi
He is a good fit for the Pats defense.
45. Denver Broncos- LSU WR Brandon LaFell
Denver probably will deal Brandon Marshall.
46. New York Giants- TCU LB Daryl Washington
The Giants need help at linebacker and Washington is versatile.
47. Carolina Panthers- Ohio WR Taylor Price
Carolina continues the endless search for a WR to pair with Steve Smith.
48. New England Patriots (from Tennessee)- Florida QB Tim Tebow
Tebow can be the wild cat until he's ready to replace Tom Brady.
49. San Francisco 49ers- Cal RB Javhid Best *
He has home run speed and they want a back with that to pair with Gore.
50. Houston Texans- South Florida S Nate Allen
They could use help in the deep middle of the defense.
51. Kansas City Chiefs (from Atlanta)- Florida TE Aaron Hernandez *
Hernandez follows a legend at the position in Kansas City.
52. Pittsburgh Steelers- Indiana G/T Rodger Saffold
The Steelers line needs help and Saffold is versatile.
53. New England Patriots- Stanford RB Toby Gerhart
The Patriots running game has been hurting.
54. Cincinnati Bengals- Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard
The Bengals are still interested in receivers despite signing Bryant.
55. Philadelphia Eagles- Florida DE Carlos Dunlap *
The Eagles could use a pass rusher at end to go with Cole and Tapp. 56. Green Bay Packers- Oklahoma State CB Perrish Cox
They have a need at corner. Al Harris and Charles Woodson are old.
57. Baltimore Ravens- Arizona TE Rob Gronkowski*
He's a young replacement for Todd Heap. 58. Arizona Cardinals- South Carolina OLB Eric Norwood
He is very versatile and fits in well for the Cardinals defense. 59. Dallas Cowboys- Northwestern DT Corey Wootton
Wootton looks like a good fit as a five-technique defensive end.
60. Seattle Seahawks- USC WR Damien Williams *
Carroll gets a familiar face to replace Nate Burleson.
61. New York Jets- Georgia Tech S Morgan Burnett
The Jets traded away Kerry Rhodes, and this completes their DBs.62. Minnesota Vikings- Alabama CB Kareem Jackson *
The Vikes could use another corner. 63. Indianapolis Colts- Texas DT Lamarr Houston
The Colts continue to re-make their d-line with a tackle in round two.
64. New Orleans Saints- Penn State LB Navarro Bowman
Losing Scott Fujita hurts, but Bowman is good value here.
For some great mock drafts check out WalterFootball.com
. They have weekly mock drafts from writers Walter Cherepinsky
and Matt McGuire
. Another great site is Scott Wright's DraftCountdown.com
. They have a plethora of draft information that is worth checking out. Here is a mock draft database worth checking out: NFL Mock Draft Database
Copyright © 2011 Pewter Report, PewterReport.com and Pewter Insider. All rights reserved. PewterReport.com, the official site of Pewter Report, is an independent source of news and commentary and is not affiliated with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers or the NFL.