According to a report by the St. Petersburg Times, several Buccaneers did not make the trip to Miami for the 2010 preseason opener versus the Dolphins Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. The game will be televised locally at 7:00 p.m. on Channel 8 (NBC) WFLA. The list of Buccaneers who will be out for the Dolphins game includes:
• Tight end Kellen Winslow (held out for precautionary reasons)
• Cornerback Aqib Talib (groin injury/personal)
• Defensive tackle Brian Price (hamstring injury)
• Cornerback Myron Lewis (hamstring injury)
• Kick returner Clifton Smith (hamstring injury)
• Safety De'von Hall (undisclosed injury)
The Times reports that Talib's absence is of a personal nature and is not the result of any legal matter, and that Winslow should play in the preseason home opener next week against Kansas City.
Copyright © 2011 Pewter Report, PewterReport.com and Pewter Insider. All rights reserved. PewterReport.com, the official site of Pewter Report, is an independent source of news and commentary and is not affiliated with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers or the NFL.