1. WINSTON’S ARM STRENGTH – The Bucs need a strong-armed quarterback that can sling the football all over the place and Jameis Winston’s arm is plenty strong. Winston has the touch necessary for fade routes, short and intermediate routes, and the strength to launch missiles downfield to 6-foot-5 wide receivers Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. Photo by: Getty Images
2. WINSTON’S POCKET PRESENCE – New Tampa Bay offensive coordiantor Dirk Koetter’s system is based on a pocket passer and Jameis Winston is an ideal fit with a high football I.Q. that could allow him to be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL in time. NFL games are won in the pocket with quarterbacks like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning, and Winston has tremendous pocket presence. Photo by: Getty Images
3. WINSTON’S PRO STYLE OFFENSE EXPERIENCE – Although some of Jimbo Fisher’s other quarterbacks haven’t panned out in the NFL, Jameis Winston has the chance to buck that trend. The fact that Winston has experience in a pro style offense makes him the most pro ready QB in this year’s draft. Photo by: Getty Images
4. WINSTON’S MORE MOBILE THAN YOU THINK – Although he ran a 4.92 in the 40-yard dash, Jameis Winston is more mobile and athletic than the NFL Scouting Combine revealed. While he’s not the scrambler that Marcus Mariota is, Winston did rush for seven touchdowns and has good mobility in the pocket where it counts. Photo by: Getty Images
5. WINSTON’S COMEBACKS – Winston gets knocked for throwing 18 interceptions last year with 13 of them coming in the first half of games. However, he engineered a comeback in every game in which he threw a first-half pick. That will serve him well in Tampa Bay in 2015 and beyond. Photo by: Getty Images
6. WINSTON’S A FINISHER – Jameis Winston was 7-0 in games decided by seven points or less at Florida State. Folks, that’s life in the NFL where many games are decided by a field goal or less. Winston operates best when in the clutch. Photo by: Getty Images
7. WINSTON’S A HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER – The Bucs have only had two Pro Bowl quarterbacks in team history – Trent Dilfer in 1997 and Brad Johnson in 2002. The greatest individual honor in college football is the Heisman Trophy. Jameis Winston won it as a redshirt freshman in 2013. Pro Bowls seem to be in his future. Photo by: Getty Images
8. WINSTON’S RECORD – Jameis Winston has one of the best winning percentages for a quarterback in NCAA history with a 26-1 record, including the first 26 victories in a row. For a team like the Bucs that haven’t had a winning season since 2010 and haven't won a postseason game since 2002, Winston brings a winner’s mentality to Tampa Bay. After all, his Twitter handle is @Jaboowins Photo by: Getty Images
9. WINSTON’S A CHAMPION – Can Jameis Winston win it all? He’s already done it before, winning a national championship at Florida State as a redshirt freshman in 2013. Winston knows what it takes to become a champion and can bring that experience to Tampa Bay. Photo by: Getty Images
10. WINSTON’S GOT SWAGGER – For all the years Bucs fans have had to watch Green Bay’s Brett Favre, New Orleans’ Drew Brees and Carolina’s Cam Newton exhibit swagger against them, Tampa Bay finally has a quarterback that will bring some swagger to their team’s offense. Jameis Winston is full of confidence and that will inspire his teammates, too. Photo by: Getty Images
PewterReport.com profiles Bucs rookie QB Jameis Winston and the 10 things he brings to Tampa Bay.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
© 2017 PewterReport.com All Rights reserved. Marketing Tampa | Visual Realm
Send this to a friend