Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Reply To: STEVIE

lordnlkon
Participant

Time will tell. Bucs needed a pass rusher. That was a mistake, imo. We will see how well this defense is next season. They played better at the end.

You can’t address every need. Our offense needed serious help and it got it…Safety was the biggest hole on defense and it was addressed. After the second round, I did not see that many pass rushers that would even make this team. They were not going to beat out Spence, Ayers Gholston or even Smith.

I wouldn’t go that far. There were a number of effective edge rushers available (such as Derek Rivers). I also think the Bucs defense had more holes than the offence. And the biggest hole on offence was at OL (and RB which was kind of addressed). You don’t draft for need, so not getting a pass rusher or OL doesn’t make this a bad draft (obviously). But the Bucs also had chances at pass rushers, and passed (for various possible reasons).

You can’t fill every position. Sometimes you have to choose between one or the other. Also it’s obvious that Licht and Koetter feel that the oline is not a need and were comfortable with what we already have.

No votes yet.
Please wait...