Reply To: Yo Licht…I will make it easy for ya

casren
Participant

This is my favorite post all week. People making some sense.

Here’s what I realistically wish we would do:

1). Sign Suh. He is a real difference-maker. Put it this way, if the Dolphins could have kept him for what we will have to pay him, they would have. He is worth spending the money on, and D-line is a place where one player can change everything. I would liken this signing to Simeon Rice. Everyone else on the line will become immediately better.

2) Sign Melvin or E.J. Gaines. We really do need someone to start across from Grimes.

3). Sign at least 1 guard or center… anyone who is better than the guys that played left guard for us last year.

4). I wouldn’t sign any of these FA DE’s. They are really not better who we have.

5). I wouldn’t sign any of the FA RB’s left except Lewis (Crowell signed with the Jets). And, I think Lewis may be too expensive.

6). If we did all the above, then I would draft the best player available in the 1st 4 rounds… making sure I landed a DT, Edge Rusher, Safety, and Guard/Center. In the first round, I would stack my board like this (even after signing Suh): Vea, Quenton Nelson, James. Nelson is great, but there will be other great guards in the second round. If Vea and Nelson are gone… then I would go James.

No votes yet.
Please wait...