Reply To: 2019 2nd Round Pick Prospects Review

Nobody
Participant

4) Shotgun Man Off Center/RG. Because neither Bradbury nor Lindstrom gets to 2nd level (due to NT winning enough), LB fills that gap immediately and forces bounce left all the way to C/D gap other side.

LG – Deiter

Singled on 3 tech. Gets 3 yards of displacement and has him sealed and tied up away from playside gap. When the ball bounces to his left (the DT had leverage to it due to the seal), Deiter lets go rather than Holding. +2

C – Bradbury

This is the point of attack. Lindstrom and Bradbury have a 1 tech over it and then one of them have to get 2nd level to the filling LB after an initial combo block.

The NT’s anchor and activity occupies them both (disallowing either to get to the 2nd level to the LB coming to fit the run and get into backfield) and generates a near stalemate (maybe 1 yard of displacement) in doing so. I’d grade the NT out positively here in dealing with this combo. Both Bradbury and Lindstrom are getting a -1

RG – Lindstrom

This is the point of attack. Lindstrom and Bradbury have a 1 tech over it and then one of them have to get 2nd level to the filling LB after an initial combo block.

The NT’s anchor and activity occupies them both (disallowing either to get to the 2nd level to the LB coming to fit the run and get into backfield) and generates a near stalemate (maybe 1 yard of displacement) in doing so. I’d grade the NT out positively here in dealing with this combo. Both Bradbury and Lindstrom are getting a -1

RT – Risner

Man, his fundamentals can be a mess. His footwork is clunky, but his base is ok. His feet don’t remain active and when he shoots his hands (again) he almost falls forward as his head again leaks out beyond his lower half. He sort of generates a stalemate against the 5 tech, but their play is mostly irrelevant due to the most relevant parts of the play.

I guess I’ll give him a 0.

+++++++++++

Again, lots of not-so-great play by the North O Line.

No votes yet.
Please wait...