Reply To: Candace, Meet Nascar

jbear
Participant

So, we have the words of a salesperson to compare to actual FACTS

1. “A noose was found in the garage stall of Black stock car racer Bubba Wallace, NASCAR said Sunday, vowing to investigate to find out who is responsible.”

2. “NASCAR has banned the Confederate flag from being displayed at its events, but supporters of the symbol still managed to be seen Sunday before the race was postponed to Monday because of inclement weather.

Vehicles lined the boulevard outside Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, Alabama, waving the flag and a plane flew above the track towing a banner of a Confederate flag that read, “Defund NASCAR.

I am sure someone has a black person who says this is not racist.

🙂

Bubba Wallace called them peaceful protesters and you call them racists. I mean sure you do… who wouldn’t you call racists if they fit the bill. Lets see, mostly white, check. Mostly men, check. Mostly southerners, check…. the three defining characteristics of a racist says woke liberals.

I’m a white guy technically from the south and I’d never fly that flag but it does not mean racism to all people. I grew up with people who viewed it as a symbol of southern pride. Many southern families can still trace back their heritage to southerners who died in that war. General Lee was one of the greatest military leaders of all time. I’m a Florida cracker with northern and western roots. I’m not a part of that story but dang you sure do paint with a broad brush. It’s attitudes like yours and your other woke friends that make those symbols that are constantly under attack important for those people. Because it isn’t just all the symbols of the civil war, all the hero’s and the family members who gave their lives in a losing struggle but it is a never ending drum beat of Yankee superiority and mockery of southerners that makes the symbols mean something to those people.

But you go ahead and just call every person who peacefully protested by harmlessly flying a flag a racist as usual. Wouldn’t expect better from such a low life.

+1
Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
Please wait...