Reply To: Trump 2016 vs 2020

jbear
Participant

Biggs… I’m all for personal responsibility but voting should be EASY.

It should be a national paid holiday.

It should be universal vote by mail.

We need better voter turnout and I think it has very little to do with picking yourself up by your bootstraps.

Marginalized groups have historically not voted BECAUSE of voter suppression. Along with other socio-economic factors that you can’t just ignore because something is easy for you to do.

This isn’t about handouts or the nanny state or personal responsibility.

The ease of voting is wildly inconsistent… with COVID you’d think every state would want to move to vote by mail but I guess when you think it’s a world wide hoax made up by Soros to make Trump lose the election, it isn’t surprising that it isn’t taken seriously and that we are going to get hit with a shitty second wave that BY THE WAY killed all momentum in the stock market.

But I digress and I go back to my main point.

If we put all the cards on the table, every person is forced to vote (obviously impossible) the GOP would cease to exist.

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
Please wait...

Left wingers are not authoritarian? LOL Forcing everyone to vote? But you admit you can’t really do that but not because it isnt right or anything… it’s just not practical.

And worst of all you truly believe that if you did force every human being to vote whether in a vegitative state or drinking jello through a straw in one of Cuomo’s extermination camps, that republicans would cease to exist? I mean you are absolutely delusional. I live in a district in which a Democrat cannot win and never gets more than 20 or 30 percent of the vote. A Democrat isn’t winning here and countless other districts even if you and your minions dig up all the graves and bus in thousands of like minded helpers to drag every single poor person kicking and screaming to the polls. There will be resistance to progressive policies, 5 year plans and bullshit authoritarian dictates long after Trump is dead and buried.

I can’t even believe the things that you believe are coming from an intelligent and honest person.

No votes yet.
Please wait...