Reply To: White Supremacy Ain’t Real & Ain’t Trump?

jbear
Participant

Also… jbear – you are trying to give these folks the benefit of the doubt, which to an extent I understand, but history of violence and racism shows us otherwise.

I don’t know too many Confederate flag waving Americans so I don’t have an anecdotal story to tell.

But the Confederate flag for most is a symbol of division, racism, and it a traitors monument.

Would the video mean something different to you if the men had swastikas tattooed to their forehead?

Just speculating on your thought process, not trying to just inflame.

No votes yet.
Please wait...

Well I do hate always ending up on the jerk’s side of these discussions but that’s just how I see it. Still I don’t think the victim is a liar as you were saying in one of your other posts. I just have a problem with the whole idea of a hate crime. The victim seems less worried about being assaulted than he is about whether someone said a certain word or wore a certain hat while or before he got assaulted. I have a problem with that. It’s especially problematic if certain elements are going to try to use these laws to enforce social justice. I have a really big problem with that.

Also in my view my defense of the assailants would not change if the men had swastikas tatooed on their faces. That said the violence and racist stuff probably could theoretically get ramped up to the point where I could at least understand the desire to charge for a hate crime even if I am against the principle but I find that these laws are currently used or threatened to be used in cases where the application could easily twist real justice into something else.

No votes yet.
Please wait...