Roy

Participant

I agree with the needs assessment, but I think we will end up getting a FA RB. The list of role-player RBs on the FA list is pretty long this year. From Ameer Abdullah to Marlon Mack to Cordarelle Patterson to Rex Burkhead. OK I’ll just list some more. Mike Davis, Dion Lewis, Wayne Gallman, Leveon Bell, Todd Gurley and more. Veteran running backs can be affordable and dependable even if they aren’t blowing the doors off people. If Fournette scores a contract from another team, and I wish him luck with that he earned it, the Bucs will dive into that scrap pile to dig up another gem.

I could see us drafting a gadget player in the mid-rounds. They dabbled with that last year, drafting Raymond Calais in the 7th. Ultimately they couldn’t quite afford to use a spot on the 53 man roster for him and he was poached off the practice squad. So I could see the Bucs stepping up a couple rounds to draft a player who will stick around this time.

So as long as the Bucs are trying to go all in to win next year that’s how I see the Bucs approaching the RB situation. They’ll stick with Jones and Vaughn with Fournette cashing in a contract from another team and McCoy retiring. They pick up a veteran FA and draft a small gadget-type RB in the 4th or 5th round.