spartan

Participant

Some Democrat members of the House of Representatives did the same in 2016. What’s more every single Democrat Representative and Senator worked tirelessly every single day for 4 years to evict Trump out of the Whitehouse by any means necessary.

It’s a 2 way street. To pretend otherwise is either blind or willful ignorance of the facts.

Look, I am not saying “yea but look at the Dems …”

I am simply pointing out the game is played by both sides with minor deviations all the time. Therefore to get on some kind of virtuous pedestal and start pontificating how the Republicans are being mean and nasty and not “unifying behind the President” is a little transparent after the daily shenanigans of the last 4 years.

Another fact of life is the Democrats royally pissed off a lot of people over the last 4 years. And I mean pissed off grand style. I know quite a number of people who had a casual interest in politics who became fervent Trump supporters because of what the Democrats did, and it’s going to take quite some time for that steam to simmer down. Oh I know Trump wasn’t exactly the epitome of peace and harmony, but to suddenly expect folks to forgive and forget at the drop of a hat is a little optimistic IMO.