Roy

Participant

Stimulus isn’t just a bail out of low income. Its supposed to stimulate the economy. Hence the term “stimulus”. But my family falls in that category between 100 and 150 so I won’t protest if we get stimulus money.

JBear I realize that you are concerned about the deficit, so I am sure you are glad to see Trump out of there.

From ProPublica: One of President Donald Trump’s lesser known but profoundly damaging legacies will be the explosive rise in the national debt that occurred on his watch. The financial burden that he’s inflicted on our government will wreak havoc for decades, saddling our kids and grandkids with debt.

The national debt has risen by almost $7.8 trillion during Trump’s time in office. That’s nearly twice as much as what Americans owe on student loans, car loans, credit cards and every other type of debt other than mortgages, combined, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. It amounts to about $23,500 in new federal debt for every person in the country. Thanks, Donald, for putting 23K onto the debt in my name to give the rich a break. Fabulous. And yet Joe Schmoe Redneck in Arkansas thinks you are God.

So unfortunately they are going to have to raise those taxes on the rich again. Although I know some people don’t want big government, that’s what we have had since the New Deal. But you know those rich people will do pretty well anyway because they don’t live in a shithole country, and these businesses are able to exist in a country with good health care, school systems, universities and infrastructure. So Biden has a tough road to fix the mess left by the previous administration while digging out from the Pandemic. Good luck to him.