Roy

Participant

Tom Brady is not going to be a quarterbacks coach. Come on. I could see him doing a QB camp ala Gruden. Brady and Bundchen together have a net worth of $600 million. How many QB coaches are worth $600 million? None, and the reason is nobody worth $600 million gets up at 6 AM to fill the coffee pot and wipe the nose of some 5th round rookie career backup, his own history not withstanding. As for what he will do while he’s still playing, I think he’s more concerned with the players who will be on the field rather than the ones holding the clipboard. He wants to win Superbowls. That’s why he’s here, not to mentor the trainees.

I’ve said before that if Brady is going to be involved with the Bucs it will be in the upper management, perhaps as a President of Football Operations or something like that. It could get tricky to carve out a role for him without stepping on Licht’s toes. Licht is not going anywhere anytime soon. Who knows, maybe he will work with the NFL front office. I think he would like to do something with all the football knowledge he has. He could have any TV analyst job he wanted. But getting involved in the day to day coaching grind? I don’t see it.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Roy.