KarmaPolice

Participant

I would think this is undisputed, but let me know if not

“The killing potential of a gun is primarily based on the amount of energy imparted by the bullet when it strikes the body. The bullet’s kinetic energy is equal to half of the bullet weight multiplied by the speed of the bullet when fired, squared — in other words, the velocity that a gun can impart on a bullet is the dominant factor in determining its killing potential.

The 9mm handgun is generally regarded as an effective weapon; its bullet travels at 1,200 feet per second and delivers a kinetic energy of 400 foot pounds. By comparison, the standard AR-15 bullet travels at 3,251 feet per second and delivers 1300 foot pounds.

Tissue destruction of the AR-15 is further enhanced by cavitation, which is the destruction of tissue beyond the direct pathway of the bullet; this occurs with high velocity bullets because their kinetic energies are over 2,500 foot pounds.”

So the AR shooter can usually get off more rounds without reloading AND those rounds are very deadly, particular as compared to the handguns for the reasons mentioned above

this is ONE reason (not the only reason) why the Boulder shooter killed 10 in minutes. In fact, I think the only person HIT BY A BULLET who walked out of the store was the killer? Everyone else died? Maybe the killer was struck by a police handgun? who knows?