Anonymous

Inactive

2001 state tales control

Kinda, sorta, did but didn’t.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying there isn’t A problem, all I am contradicting you about is that deregulation was THE problem. As far as I can see that has nothing to do with it. I am not trying to make some kind of argument about free markets blah, blah, blah, just saying that I have seen nothing that suggests that it has anything to do with the situation at all. If you know of something different I will be happy to listen.

This started and was allowed to happen by Democrats while they ran the State, then Republicans stuck their head in the sand and repeatedly kicked the can down the road. My read is nobody wanted to foot the bill that it would take to properly clean the mess up. So there is plenty of blame to spread around, including the EPA by the way.

I get your point and to be fair I am using “deregulation” in the general sense of pro-business laissez faire, as opposed to a specific claim like “in 2003 when the GOP controlled the FL legislature they repeal regulation 1234 and that . ..”

I only mean that the state takes control in 2001 (Bush?) and has about 20 years of heavy GOP dominance and they kick the can etc.

In other words you cannot generally be for dismantling environmental regulation and cutting all taxes and then not take some hit when stuff like this happens.