DCGoth

Participant

Been waiting to see Sisters of Mercy live since the 80s.

Shriekback Nemesis is my Goth anthem.

The Castle used to be a weekly thing for me….long time ago.

Most cool. I just posted one of their vids. I ALMOST saw them live. I was a The Capital Ballroom, I’m not certain if the name had churned to Nation yet. (I’m pretty certain it was torn down Go build the baseball stadium.)

As we were standing in line to go in, mid-1990s, they announced that Sisters is Mercy cancelled. I think it was at the end if their tour and his voice just wasn’t up to snuff. As a result, tickets were refunded and we were let in at no charge and two other bands played in their place. I kept my unused ticket. Overall, it was a good night, but I really wish I would’ve seen them.

They only ever refused three albums, but in concert they would do simply insane covers. They did everything from The Grateful Dead to Bob Dylan, and anything in-between. I’m pretty certain I have their complete discography, complete with covers.

My last live concert in the Goth / Industrial scene was backstage for Combichrist, Ego Likeness, who I know personally, and another band whose name escapes me. That was a great show.

Cruxshadows is also awesome.

I used to go to The Castle with I first moved here. I’d love to go back. It’s been a while.

Oh, fun note: For a while, I was dating a girl who would play live with Ministry when they toured the East Coast. She played theremin. Not many people play that, so I guess there wasn’t many people to edge her out of the lineup. 😎

(I took her to see The Cure with me one night, and she met me after meeting up with Ministry for lunch. She was spray decked out in concert gear with she arrived at a local pub where I met her. Her outfit included a black leather thong, fishnets and twenty-eye Dics, and an insanely diaphanous black lace jacket / robe / whatever one would call ac see through black fabric shirt—type garment. When she walked in, the clear went silent. Without asking her any questions, the bartender just pointed to where I was during, after he regained consciousness. 😎

Getting old sucks. I was only in my early forties back then.

Anyone local should meet up at the Castle one night. I think it’s still open. I took a friend there once, as he’d never experienced a Goth Club. He went in jeans and a white t-shirt. Talk about standing out. 😊 all was good, though and he loved the venue.

Like I told JBear, we’re a diverse group that really has to be experienced to understand.

One of these years, I want to go on the Goth Cruise. I know some people that go each year.

I’d rather have a beer bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.