KarmaPolice

Participant

The issue though comes down to your perspective. It seems if you are a conservative you see media errors as intentional, a conspiracy to advance a narrative. And you rely heavily (and appropriately I would add) on 24 hour news channels, Twitter etc.

If your not a today version “conservative” you’re more willing to see this story as poor journalism by the fringe (ie the reporting by WaPo, NYT etc raising the question more quickly). For example, if you understand tgst journalism is REPORTING it’s easy to see why it was REPORTED that he died as a result because that is what the source (Capitol Police) said.

I agree with you. I may even see the story as poor journalism by the fringe. I mean that I’m not necessarily convinced that it’s some sort of conspiracy. I do think it’s possible but I think it’s more likely just bias that seeps out in the coverage. But again, that is not good journalism.

Then you have outlets where a certain bent has been institutionalized where anyone coming into those organizations knows pretty quickly which way they are supposed to see the world. Those organizations often could be a business decision as I think you’ve pointed out before. Where it’s concerning though is where media intersects with politics which I think has been happening more and more frequently over the last decades. I’m talking about both sides too. Fox news can start sounding like a mouthpiece of the administration when we have a Republican administration. And that certainly goes for several left leaning outlets as well. You have reporters “getting the chills” when Joe Biden got off the airlplaine in DC.

You have a lot of recent examples of these outlets parroting the DNC talking points memo’s on proposed legilation etc. Some of this is natural, everything the administration proposes cannot be all bad after all. Surely there must be some good points but it really is getting out of hand. I would really like to see less touting of left wing proposals through tricks of the English Language from my “NEWS”.

I get where you’re coming from

If youve ever spent time around reporters or journalism students, its simply unavoidable that they would have a liberal tilt. Thats not because a school is indoctrinating them, its because of their personalities, generally speaking, meaning they often times got into the profession to “change the world” or speak out against wrong.

Nothing wrong with having a political bias. The error lies in not recognizing it because that means the person is not holding themselves accountable

Bias is a lot diffrrent than fraud or “fake news” though and there is a bunch of that. We have multiple people who work for “NEWS” organizations who have now defended themselves in libel suits by claiming they were never telling that truth and that was understood by the viewers. It is not lol

FBI Director Wray said Americans have to learn to be skeptical/critical consumers of information. Truest words ever uttered.