EricNV

Participant

My wife and I own multiple small businesses in our small city. I’m a college graduate and my wife has some college experience. We pay insurance for our employees and also have paid for many emergencies our employees have experienced over the years. We volunteer at many functions for charities and special events in town on a regular basis. My wife and I also voted for Trump twice.

I don’t know where you get your information from and I really don’t care. Why you choose to comment about politics on a sports entertainment/ sports news website does concern me. Your decision to mix sports and politics does nothing but divide us as citizens of this country and as Buccaneers fans.

Your outburst ridiculing and condemning people who have a difference of opinion with you is merely a microcosm of the larger divide in this country caused by the mainstream media news and entertainment industries. You read what you read, you hear what you hear, and you live in your own little bubble associating people who hold the same opinions as you. You are as intolerant and hateful of people with different opinions as the rest of liberal / progressive Democrats in this country.

I live in the real world, associating with both people I agree with as well as those I disagree with vehemently on the subject of politics. I like most of the people who disagree with me and they like me as well. Unlike you, I don’t spend most of my time thinking about how much I hate the Republican Party and the people who vote for Republicans.

I’m not going to bother debating you about politics. I’m as likely to change your mind as you are of changing my mind, and I’m perfectly okay with that. What I’m not okay with is the complete lack of basic human respect you and other progressives you show towards people who disagree with you. This cannot continue to go on without bad things happening to this country as a result. I’ve mentioned over the past 15 years in polite company on several occasions that I think this country is heading towards a second civil war unless things change for the better. My wife used to think I was nuts about this opinion, right up until the past few years (and especially the past year). She no longer thinks I’m crazy, at least not about my political opinions.

I’ve taken great pains to not insult you in this response. I don’t expect you to show me, or anybody else who disagrees with your politics, the same courtesy. Just remember that you reap what you sow in life, whether that’s about politics or anything else. Hatred and intolerance will only generate an equal or greater response from those who disagree with you in the long run. And for the sake of everyone else, stop bringing politics into sports conversations.