Schwifty9

Participant

Completely agree with you. It’s absolutely hilarious to me how in the eye of the average Bucs fan, Licht went from being an idiot who needed to be fired to being a genius who could never possibly be wrong again ever.

After a 3 year run of incredible drafts that resulted in Vita Vea, Ronald Jones, Carlton Davis, Alex Cappa, Jordan Whitehead, Devin White, Sean Murphy-Bunting, Jamel Dean, Mike Edwards, Scotty Miller, Tristan Wirfs, Antione Winfield Jr and Tyler Johnson, and several clutch picks via trade and free agency like Tom Brady, Shaq Barrett, JPP, Ryan Jensen, Gronk, and AB that culminated in a dominant Super Bowl win, I truly believe that Licht is one of the best GM’s in football right now.

But I can’t lie, After that 2018 season, after all the bad picks, and with back to back 5-11 records when I had been done with Dirk Koetter and Mike Smith and wanted them fired after a disastrous 2017 season where the team got more talented but some how got worse, and Dirk let Djax and Fatty Baker sh*t all over the team, when Licht gave them another year and they did the same thing only worse I was ready to give up on Licht. But getting Bruce Arians out of retirement redeemed him in my eyes. And luckily that turned out to be the right call.

But too suggest Licht is beyond criticism just because he built a Super Bowl winner is laughable.