spartan

Participant

Not condoning having sex with a 14 year old, but it does puts a little different perspective on things.

You’re right.

He married the girl he statutorily raped.

Such a feel good story…

…right before she killed herself.

She killed herself 10 years after the fact. I don’t pretend to know the full story of her and his relationship, or her mental health, but it is obvious this isn’t some Jeffrey Epstein situation. With that said, I don’t think a bunch of folks who support abortion for 14 year old girls without their parents consent all of a sudden are morally outraged when an 18 yr old gets a 14 yr old pregnant consentually. Yea, yea, yea I know, “deflection”, all I’m saying is look where you are sitting before you start casting stones. Glass houses and all that.

It was clearly wrong. If one of my girls came home pregnant at that age I would be livid, and my initial reaction would be to ensure the guy is not in a position to do this again. Yet, the girls parents did not (seem to) press charges and they got married. What’s more, to the best of my knowledge this was the one and only time he did this kind of thing, so I think we can put it down to immaturity and teenage stupidity and he is not, as the OP suggests a “pedo”.