Stagger Lee

Participant

Is CRT good? I’d like to hear this.

you are actually highlighting A point I was making

“CRT” is critical race theory (theory, right) and it is a wide ranging 40-50 year collection of diverse thoughts on racism in America

if you were being honest you’d probably have to admit you never even heard of CRT until recently (last year or two)

why is that?

BECAUSE IN THE LAST YEAR OR TWO THE WORDS “CRITICAL RACE THEORY” (just like “hate crime”) HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO A COCOON BOOGEYMAN

so much so that 40-50 years of academic and scientific research has been suck INTO the cocoon and then kicked out on the other side as “white people and white people alone are born racist when TEH VERY ESSENCE OF CRTIICAL RACE THEORY IS THE OPPOSITE (lol)

and the biggest point . . it only takes WIKI-level effort to see that the Cocoon “us” versus “tehm” boogeyman is totally BOGUS NONSENSE, especially as Spartan characterized it:

“Critical race theory originated in the mid-1970s in the writings of several American legal scholars including Derrick Bell, Alan Freeman, Kimberlé Crenshaw, Richard Delgado, Cheryl Harris, Charles R. Lawrence III, Mari Matsuda, and Patricia J. Williams.[1] It emerged as a movement by the 1980s, reworking theories of critical legal studies (CLS) with more focus on race.[4] Both critical race theory and critical legal studies are rooted in critical theory, which argues that social problems are influenced and created more by societal structures and cultural assumptions than by individual and psychological factors”

LET ME HIGHLIGHT IT AGAIN:

Current CRT views are “rooted in critical theory, which argues that social problems are influenced and created more by societal structures and cultural assumptions than by individual and psychological factors”

if the COCOON IS FICTION — how did Spartan come up with “white people and white people alone are born racist” when the LONG running essence of critical theory is the OPPOSITE?