Roy

Participant

Hold on…

I can’t speak for Karma, but I’ve said that it is likely that the virus originated in China BUT there was other evidence that it showed up PRIOR to the Wuhan outbreak.

Whether it was a lab, or the exotic food market (can confirm this disgusting shit exists, I lived near that region), it may have very well started in China…

I think where it originated is important but not for the same reason as many Trumpers that want to use it as a xenophobic tool.

Thus the Asian (hate) crimes.

Calling it the Wuhan virus or Kung-flu is debatably racist, but definitely irresponsible.

It is a global disease. It is covid19.

All diseases start somewhere, yet only a handful have a name assigned by origin…

So there are layers here but the reality is that it was yet another example of Trump’s xenophobia, us vs them, and the rise of giving white nationalism a platform.

A domino in a line of dominos. By itself, not much… but in context, more evidence of a larger paradigm

Agree. If China had a lab accident or whatever, that needs to be dealt with. But that’s the Chinese government. Your Chinese guy on the streets of San Francisco has nothing to do with it. Hispanic Americans have nothing to do with a guy from Guatamala trying to dig under the fence. Muslim Americans have nothing to do with terrorism. Lets treat everyone as Americans, as citizens, as human beings. We have different cultures and religions, and we can embrace that instead of stoking blame and hatred.