spartan

Participant

“ Dr. Yager said that thanks to advances in genomic sequencing, researchers successfully uncovered the viral sequence of SARS-CoV-2 in January 2020 — roughly 10 days after the first reported pneumonia cases in Wuhan, China. The ability to fast-track research and clinical trials was a direct result of this worldwide cooperation.”

Let’s be honest and admit that in the context of this conversation neither one of us knows what this means in terms of the ability to understand how it impacted the creation of the vaccine. It could be a procedure that normally takes 12 months or 3 weeks. 10 days being a great improvement but empirically means nothing without context.

To me it’s like making the Lego Millenium Falcon. Yea, you will figure it out eventually but it’s a dang lot easier with the instructions.

If you find anything else I will be more than happy to take it on board, but right now I still think that having access to the research would have been highly beneficial on a number of fronts.

Just so it’s clear this is me talking outside of the political arena. Based on the information that is currently available it strikes me a whole lot of deaths could have been avoided if China had been more upfront and open.