spartan

Participant

It is starting to sound completely bonkers. People have been eating all this crap for thousands of years and we haven’t had an outbreak like this possibly ever but at least since 1919… so an entire century and oh yeah…. there is just by coincidence a Chinese lab doing research on this same type of Virus in the same community.

Occam’s razor alone should have told Karma and Fire that it might not be racist to suspect it actually came from a lab and got covered up…. then again, nobody ever accused those two of being smart or objective.

I think the phrase is zoonotic failover. Animal to human.

The issue I have with that theory is that bats living thousands of miles away passed the virus to some secondary species of animal. This animal then hiked 1,500 miles and appeared at the Wuhan wet market all of a sudden infecting people there. This without infecting anything or anyone in between. No currently known jumps from this animal to any other animal and as of yet, no-one has identified what this animal was.

Apart from how unlikely this sounds, my understanding is that a virus normally needs a multiple attempts and mutations to migrate from species to another, yet here we have a single leap from bat to some unknown animal, and then a single leap from that animal to human. Virus’s don’t work that way.