Roy

Participant

I guess if I was a coach and I told the players to be realistic then I wouldn’t be a very good coach. But this is a fans board and we aren’t playing the games, only watching and talking about next season. I’m not at the game. If I’m at the game then I’ll be cheering. But I’m just posting on the board, so I don’t think I need to be waving pom poms to be a good Bucs fan. But OK if it will make you happy.. Yay we’re going 17-0 this year!

I’m not trying to say Brady won’t make it through the year. I’m trying to say that he may get banged up enough during the year that he will call it quits after the year. Hopefully, we can squeeze another Superbowl win out of him before he goes. It is a less favorable prediction than those who think he’s going to play until he’s 47 or 50. I don’t think having an overly optimistic outlook is the mark of being a good fan. I can still cheer for my team when they are playing the games and I’ll be happy to be wrong.

I’ll leave you with a quote from another realist. You may have heard of him: Mark Cook. He manages to stay a Bucs fan even while dishing out a dose of realism.

“If you are a long-time sports fan you already know. The good times seem to take forever to get here but then burn away faster than a piece of stray Chinese rocket as it enters back to Earth. Soak it in, Bucs fans. Enjoy the ride and savor every moment. Don’t take a second for granted.”

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Roy.