Donkey_Hunter

Participant

but here’s the common sense side of the argument, using this example… the guy had a handgun and a shotgun, two classic home defense/personal defense weapons. He still bought the Ak-47

Okay. And the San Jose had…in your words…an arsenal. Yet, he still used pistols.

That’s because he thinks it’s cool and fun or because a couple weeks ago there was a report of a squad of insurgents in Enterprise?

I know you think these are “mic drop” comments, but it is essentially nothing more than you waving a white flag. For further proof of this…

Maybe it exists, but I’ve yet to see a story of a homeowner defending himself successfully because he was able to put 100 AR rounds on 8 assailants he detected 200 yards out…

I mean, you come up with some of the most asinine and disingenuous examples to make your point in gun topics. But, I’ll tell you what. You know what I haven’t seen either? A story of a homeowner defending his wife and kids from getting raped and murdered by using hugs, reasoning skills, and quick wits on 8 assailants.

Now, if you were being genuine, you’d find plenty of stories regarding homeowners who lawfully and successfully defended their home, family, property, etc. from harm using a semi-automatic rifle.

I think I’ve posted before that a family member was ex military, competitive marksman and hunter who drove alone cross country regularly, sleeping in the bed of his truck. He carried a REVOLVER on the road and had a shotgun at home. Thought it was dumb that ARs were sold to “civilians.”

He’s one example. Again, there’s plenty with the same resume who think differently.

I can think of one great use for an AR and that would be for security on a blue water boat. Probabmy perfect in that scenario. I think you mentioned hog hunting once. Probably makes sense too.

Again, disingenuous. I’ve given plenty of examples and backed them up with facts, data, etc. You simply don’t agree because of your anti-gun stance, and therefor disregard it as irrelevant because of your take (an uneducated one might I add) on “functionality”.

Probably does not make sense to have one every 3-4 homes in a gated residential community in the suburbs :-)

Well, I’d prefer it over a bunch of 9mm…actually, you know what…never mind. I’ve already proven that point with facts as well. Won’t bother doing it again.

At the end of the day, you’re taking an awfully defensive stance on being called out for some pure and blatant hypocrisy.

If the San Jose shooting involved semi-automatic rifles, you would have started a post about it. Period.