Biggs3535

Participant

I know you want a heated exchange but this isn’t my mood right now.

I really don’t. I thought Maher made valid, logical points against something you’ve spoke up for in the past. I figured you might take those valid, logical points from a liberal better than Biggs-the-meanie.

I understand why people are opposed to debt forgiveness but I simply disagree.

Until the government stops subsidizes [inset one of the million things here] then I don’t see why this relief wouldn’t help those in need AND inject more spending power into the economy.

That’s a logical argument on your end. My end would argue those subsidies (largely) should stop as well.

Personally, I disagree with “don’t go to college”. I think we need to educate on HOW you go to college.

I think it isn’t fair to simply paint people as stupid for wanting to get a formal education… just that there was a knowledge gap. Our parents didn’t NEED college so they didn’t know how to inform their kids on college.

So many people were told to “live your dream” instead of going to school with the end in mind.

Just my two cents

When you were in middle/high school, did the students (in general) that were getting that free government education really work as hard as they could have? Do you believe the Department of Education is a well-run bureaucracy?

My point being not everyone should go to college and the public education as it currently exists is pretty much a joke. Not everyone cares about their education as much as they should and aren’t willing to put in the work – not as teenagers anyway. Do you really see that changing all that much when college will basically be a four-year party for most of those people? Also, as insensitive as I’m sure you believe this sounds, not everyone is intelligent enough to justify the money that will cost to send them to college with room/board/books/etc.. That’s just a reality.

If you disagree with my premise that college isn’t for everybody, check out https://www.mikeroweworks.org/ and tell me what you think. I find Rowe’s mission to be excellent. And the lack of skilled labor force is starting to show it’s head.