Pepsi

Participant

People thinking we should use our 1st pick to draft a WR2 are crazy to me. WR2’s are everywhere. Sign one in FA and then take another guy in a mid round.

People said that about Atlanta when they traded up and picked Julio Jones. Good WR2 are NOT everywhere. There are a lot of pedestrian WR2’s out there, but there are few good ones. For us to get to the next level, one side of the ball needs to be dominate, either offense or defense. I’m all for making it offense. I want a playmaker for the offense, either a WR or a RB and IF one isn’t available with the #1 pick, then I’d try to go with the best defensive player available because we still have openings at all levels.

Julio Jones is kind of a different story. As a prospect he was someone who was projected to potentially be the best WR in the NFL after Calvin Johnson. 6’3″ close to 6’4″ 220lbs 4.3 speed and his competition at the college level was great, playing in the SEC.

The Bucs know we need playmakers, Koetter is no Lovie and he wasnt afraid to keep his thoughts a secret. Hes completely on the same page as us, frankly, how could he not be? its obvious. So we’re getting an injection of new blood on the offense. Does it have to come in the form of 1st round pick being  used on a WR? i dont necessarily think so. Plenty of FAs, especially with the cap we have, but at pick 19 im ok with them doing it however they want to.

My preference would be get WR in FA, and draft WR in mid Rounds 2 or 3.

Pepsi’s offseason Version 1
Round 1 – BPA offense or defense (Cam Robinson, Ramczyk, Peppers, Barnett, Charlton, etc)
Round 2 – Curtis Samuel – RB/WR hyrbid – the charles sims they wanted. can take it to the house
Round 3 – KD Cannon – explosive WR can take the top off – potential to develop into goood route runner
FA – Piere Garcon – routes – smarts – vet
FA – Kawann Short – top notch DT next to McCoy – the big money signing

Pepsi’s offseason Version 2
Round 1 – BPA offense or defense (Cam Robinson, Ramczyk, Peppers, Barnett, Charlton, etc)
Round 2 – Courtland Sutton – WR big physcial beast – not explosive but deceptive speed
Round 3 – Wayne Gallman – underated RB
FA – Kenny Stills – fantastic pairing with Sutton and Evans
FA – Kawann Short – top notch DT next to McCoy – the big money signing

Please wait…