Biggs3535

Participant

Molitor said “Almost immediately, I was made to feel like it was my fault. When you’re at such a vulnerable point, you tend to believe it.” The tape shows that it really was her that started the confrontation. She shoved then slapped him. She absolutely did not deserve the punch that she received but had she not initiated the physical confrontation ( after calling him over to her table ) she would have been just fine. He was not the aggressor. While I do not believe that a man should strike a woman like Mixon did the reverse has to be true for this to be a workable solution. A woman cannot feel that she has free reign to strike a man and not expect any retaliation. That to me is the tragedy of this situation; she really isn’t an innocent victim; she was committing a crime. Here is the Oklahoma laws pertinent. Assault Under Oklahoma law, a person who threatens or attempts to cause physical harm to another person is guilty of assault. (Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, §641.) Threatening words are not enough to constitute an assault. The offender also must take some menacing action such as drawing a fist or charging toward the victim. Battery A battery is the intentional use of force against another person, which causes harm or offense to the victim. Striking a person with a fist and spitting on another both are acts that constitute battery. (Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, §642.) In this case I believe the law got it right. She deserved no punishment for her assault as she suffered greatly for her actions definitely out of proportion for her actions and he deserved the actions taken for his over the top reaction to being struck but not jail time. Also he was a minor at the time. The court of public opinion though has failed us as a society. How can women expect equality but insist on being treated different because they have a vagina? Had I done the same thing to him and received the same punishment there would be no social outcry. It’s a double standard plain and simple and it bugs me. I’d take a chance on Mixon but not at the top of the draft. I’m not overly concerned about his character based on that one incident but alas it’s not the only incident he’s had though it’s the only violent one. Tough call honestly.

Agreed 100%.  Excellent post.

I’d have no problem with the team drafting Mixon in the second or third round.

Please wait…