Pepsi

Participant

Draft a defensive end. Not this wideout. Bucs need defensive end help. Sacks. Pressures. They do not get consistent pressure. As a result, they won’t win the big games. I am hearing Calais Campbell being mentioned as a person of interest…but the guy is 31, Ayers will be 31,32…Gholston is a run stuffer…Noah is still developing and learning to defend the run. Need another defensive end. Fugging PERIOD!!!

I disagree. The bucs “could” get by at DE next year. (J Smith, Ayers, Spence, Jones, maybe Gholston). We cannot get by next year with the same group of wide outs. We need a true #2 and depth/speed more then we need another DE. If Davis is there at 19, there is no DE(minus Garrett) that I would take over him. No DE would upgrade this team better at 19 then Davis would at wide out.

The lions needed a WR really bad, they got one of the best WR prospects to ever come out. In his second year he was already the best WR in the league and the Lions proceeded to go 0-16. So I wouldnt be so confident in saying that no DE would upgrade this team more then Davis.

You think they’d have been better off with Gaines Adams? I’m going to assume you don’t. Cleveland drafted Joe Thomas and they’ve sucked forever. Houston drafted Mario Williams and they sucked. No one pick in any single draft makes or breaks a team.

If your comparing a DE being picked to what we got from Gaines Adams who was  obvious bust, then I can compare Corey Davis to Mike Clayton. Since where loaded with examples of the position we’re talking about not making a difference for how good the team is, the conversation topic should move to my second point, which was value. Why pick a WR at 19 when you can reasonably transorm the WR group to one that looks like Evans, Garcon, Durpre, Goodwin? Would you want to use pick 19 on a WR because thats not good enough? We will see that after Free Agency, the idea of a WR in the first round will go from sounding like a great idea to a waste of resources.