sgtmaj

Participant

Hey guys...I'm not here to troll or anything.  Just saying we were 1-15 and then we drafted Cam.  He's really helped turn our organization around.  We had a lot of holes when we drafted him and we still do.  But it starts with a QB.  Glennon doesn't scare anyone.  Having a good QB also helps in FA.  Just my two cents.  If I were the Bucs I would draft a QB if it's the right guy.  I wouldn't draft one just to draft one.  If you guys are in position to land a franchise QB though, it would be dumb not too.  Maybe you guys will get lucky and trade for Hoyer after this season.

Sure you took Cam, but you didn't have to worry about the red sea parting every week for your D to usher the opposing team down to score. Cam was a sensible pick at the right time, the Bucs on the other hand are in a serious dumpster fire and no QB is going to be successful with lack of protection and a scheme that is unable to fathom that repeatedly calling long developing plays is going to be a major issue when you can't keep your QB upright.There are a lot of guys on here that are bleating that we need a new QB at every corner. He has to be able to scramble, he has to have a cannon arm, he has to look good in a suit, he has to be able to force a ball in quadruple coverage and still have it caught... well boys, where is this mythical beast? Because if he exists there will be at least another 29 teams all looking for him too. It's typical of the narrow minded, instant gratification society we now live in. It doesn't work, throw it away and get a shiny new thing, that if that doesn't solve all your problems it gets replaced a year later by something else.

You know the ins and outs of your team better then I do, that's for sure.  However the Panthers didn't have much of a defense prior to Cam's arrival and for two years after he got here.  Thank goodness we were able to bring in Dave Gettleman who did get us bigger in the trenches by doubling down on DT's, drafting depth at LB, signing free agents on smart one year deals, and revamping the interior of our Oline.  That said none of the changes would have mattered if Jimmy Clausen would have been the qb.  We bring in Cam and our record improves by 5 wins his first year.  Of course bringing in only a qb isn't the solution, the Bucs will have to makes some moves multi laterally.  If you're wanting a new OC, then the OC is going to want his guy.  The Bucs have some talent.  I'm pretty sure if they would have come back and beat us in week  1 their season is going in a different direction right now.  They're just really inconsistent, and they haven't had a good coach since Gruden and Dungy.If TB actually hired a legit coach instead of floundering around with all these nobody's and has beens, the first thing that coach will do his draft "his" QB.

Please wait…