Anonymous

Inactive

Getting an “Elite” QB is a rarity in this league. All the stars have to align and the correct pieces have to be in place for a QB to be successful. If we look at the league now, there are few “Elite” QBs, some above average, some average, and some below average.ElitePeyton ManningTom BradyAaron RodgersPhilip RiversDrew BreesAbove AverageAndrew LuckBen RoethlisbergerTony RomoMatt RyanRussell WilsonColin KaepernickAverageMatthew StaffordAndy DaltonJoe FlaccoAlex SmithEli ManningJay CutlerCam NewtonCarson PalmerBrian HoyerRyan TannehillMike GlennonNick FolesRobert Griffin IIIBelow AverageKyle OrtonGeno SmithRyan FitzpatrickCharlie Whitehurst/Jake LockerTBDBlake BortlesTeddy BridgewaterDerek CarrAustin DavisOf course what are my criteria? I look at comeback wins. I look at a QB having the ability to take his team on his shoulders despite a lack of talent or use of excessive talent on his team. I look at a QB who has the ability to make players around him better. I look at play consistency and accuracy. Of course it's up for debate, but the point is not every team will have an elite QB. Finding a guy with the "it" factor and being able to surround him with a solid supporting cast is no sure thing. Mariota and Winston have all the talent in the world, but that's no guarantee for success.

Please wait…