Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't Cossel also have high regards for Glennon?Doesn't that damage his credibility somewhat?

He liked Glennon the prospect as he reminded him of Matt Ryan the prospect. He's on record saying Glennon the NFL QB has work to do to reach his potential.It damages your cred that you misconstrue what he says or just plain don't listen.

How did I misconstrue anything? I simply asked a question. Cossell made a point about what he thought of Glennon pre NFL, Glennon is turning out to be very mediocre. If Cossell, says Glennon reminded him of Ryan, and Glennon fails, how am I not listening by asking if his cred gets damaged by being wrong about Glennon?I think its a valid point to say that his analysis was wrong, I'm not saying he's overrated like Kiper, that would be misconstruing information based on me thinking he's an airbag and not learning how many draft picks Kiper hit on.

No QB can be fairly judged without an OC. I hope he does well but at this point, I want to lose and grab a super star at the position.

I agree, I'd love to have an elite qb here, my sticking point for not jumping on board is, I truly believe Lovie won't utilize a superstar qb, so we'll be stuck with McCown/Glennon, and then the next "Orton-like" 4th round qb that comes along.

I don't believe his analysis was wrong. I believe his assessment of Matt Ryan and Mike Glennon are similar in a lot of ways. Cosell has always talked about Glennon, glowingly, as a prospect. He has not been so positive about his play as a NFL QB. Glennon was put into a position where he was thrown to the wolves twice and currently has a HC that does not support him.Can he be a Matt Ryan? I don't know, but what I do know is the second Matt Ryan was drafted, he was supported by the franchise and given more and more offensive weapons to use. The franchise has not wavered from him and has not been short sighted when dealing with him. That has not been the case with Lovie Smith, Smith has questioned Glennon at every possible point and even made him dress up as Cam Newton from some unknown reason.The bigger point is this. The chances of getting Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning where the guy is just a baller from day one are very very small. Of the elite QBs currently in the NFL, a large majority have needed time to develop. So whoever Lovie believes is our franchise guy, he needs to play, he needs to be supported with offensive players, he needs a consistent OC and he needs patience. Sure we had an all offensive draft and it has helped bring some young talent in but that needs to happen every year for the foreseeable future and you can bet your left nut that Lovie Smith has big plans on drafting/signing lots of defensive players to "fix" his defense. His defense is and will continue to be more important than the offense and that is why we'll never have a true franchise QB, he simply won't put the resources into finding one or developing one.

Please wait…