Anonymous

Inactive
Post count: 2000

Scott, you looked at two options: sign him and keep him, or sign him and cut him after a year (which is what we did).  There was a third option: wait a year and THEN sign him.  I think the Revis trade was terrible because it was irrational.  Where was the fire?  We could have waited a year, kept our picks, and if we still wanted to wave $16 million in his face he'd be a Buc now.  Obviously nobody else is willing to give him that kind of money.  We wouldn't have had his services last year but it's not like we were a CB away from contention.

How about getting to a point in which you simply walk away from the discussions with the Jets. Whether the plan was to try and sign him this year or not, that was the move to make.

Please wait…