Anonymous

Inactive

Those is so highly unlikely that none of them are good. It is likely only 2 of the 5 are good and your job as an NFL type is to pick one of those 2 but for everyone to be wrong about all 5 is highly unlikely. I get being nervous about QBs.  There is a side of me that likes Connor Cook over Winston or Maritotta but at the same time none of them are gonna be perfect coming out. You are always projecting development because the Luck type guys happen once every 20 years.

Exactly. If everyone was sold on Philip Rivers he wouldn't have gone #4 overall, Ben Roethlisberger #11, Aaron Rodgers #24, Jay Cutler #11, Joe Flacco #18, and so on. Just about all QBs have some questions about how good they can be and some teams that didn't believe in them.

Now, if you notice... look at all the guys you mentioned.  How many were taken in the top 3... or even #1?  The answer... Zero.  That's the point.  If you're taking a QB #1, you better be darn sure that he's "the answer".  If not, it's another 5 years of suck.  Personally, I don't think there's a QB worthy of the #1 or top 3 pick... at this point in time.

Of course you better be sure. But the point is most of the QBs people would give their left nut for had something "wrong" with them that caused a team to not pick them #1, #2, or even #3 overall. It's very rare to have a true slam dunk QB prospect, but that doesn't mean if someone isn't an obvious slam dunk player that he can't turn out to be really good.

Hmm, you don't say.

Please wait…