Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

• Pennywise

Participant

#NFL  Since 1940, teams that get 4 takeaways and have 30 first downs are 58-2.

58-3 now

• Donkey

Participant

Greatest player to ever don a Bucs uniform. Ugly game but it’s the first game of the season. Sloppy play. Penalties and turnovers. This can be cleaned up. Dallas has a good offense. Your not going to shut them down but the pass defense did not look good. A bit disconcerting for a team that is serious about winning back to back Super Bowls.

• Pennywise

Participant

I agree , pass rush needs to be better , I would increase Tryons snaps

And the DBs as a whole were bad , that includes 23,24 31 ,32 35,and 26

Bucs should be looking to sign some more CBs , and hopefully Whitehead returns soon

• BChaves8

Participant

Dallas had a great game plan. Got the ball out early every single time and put the ball in the hands of their skill position players and negated our pass rush. I did not love that we blitzed as much as we did because we were leaving the corners on an island.

Towards the end of the game I did see the pass rush put some more pressure on Dak (especially Vea) which was good to see.

Aside from the turnovers, the offense seems to be in mid season form, almost scoring at will.

The defense needs to clean things up and i’m confident they will. Getting Whitehead back will help big time. A little concerned about the CB after Davis because they really have not been good for a while now.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Should have drafted depth. Longer season too.

Secondary was chopped cheese.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Should have drafted depth. Longer season too.

Secondary was chopped cheese.

Depth wasn’t the reason why we didn’t look good last night. Our offense gave up several turnovers and our DLine had only 8 pressures on 58 pass attempts. All of our front-7 were healthy with depth and we were piss poor at pass rushing compared to how we were last year.

I’d say we lacked execution and game planning.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Very sloppy game, Rojo and Godwin’s fumbles are inexcusable. Lenny always seems to struggle with those screen passes as well, the ones that go over his shoulder.. he dropped a bunch of those in the playoffs last year.

Cowboys OLine played a helluva game. I don’t think it’s fair to blame the DBs with the amount of time Dak had back there, those 3 receivers rival our guys in terms of skill.. very skilled offense, Dak is also really good when pressured.

If we clean up those turnovers the game isn’t close. Bad penalties as well. I’m sure Arians will rip them a good when when they go over the film.

• garfield

Participant

Tampa Bay won despite all that, that should be scary for other teams, not concerning. Dallas will also be the most improved team this year with Dan back, that offensive firepower is legit.

• dexmonkey

Participant

this reminded me of games in the past. defense was straight ass. RBs bricked balls off their hands to the other team and fumbled to the other team. the only thing missing was missed kicks

• RW

Participant

Tampa’s Oline was just OK last night. They could not open holes for the running attack and took too many penalties. They were lucky the Cowboys have a below average pass rush as well.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

When we got the ball back with 1:24 I knew Brady had it.

Just a couple years ago I would of been waiting for Jameis to throw an INT to close out the game.

Wow, things changed quickly for us.

• Pepsi

Participant

He sure did, thats what he’s here for.

Cowboys were no joke. I think theyre gonna end up being one of the toughest teams wed face all year. The formula to beat the Bucs defense seems like its what the Cowboys were able to do. Pass the ball at an elite level. protect the QB, have elite receivers pick on our lack of CB depth. Good news is there arent many teams that are able to replicate this. How many other teams are going to have receivers like Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, a QB playing as well as Dak, and an Oline to protect him all with the threat of a RB that you have to respect.. not many

• Pennywise

Participant

this was first time in 81 years of NFL that a team has given up 30 first downs and lost the turnover battle by -3 and still won the game.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Better team won last night.

Shouldn’t have been as close it was.

• JC5100

Participant

This is a really bad stat because that’s not a true representation of the turnover margin. The missed 60 yard FG and the intercepted hail mary should just cancel out, but instead it goes down as Bucs -1. The missed 31 yard FG is really a turnover but it goes down as nothing. True turnover margin was -1, not -3

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Very good point

• NotDeadYet

Participant

There were a couple of other plays that saved us. When Brady tossed that ill advised off balance pass that had pick 6 written all over it, Fournette leaped high to nab it in front of the defender. The other play was Dallas with a 3rd and 1 in the shadow of our goal line, threw to Elliott, but Andrew Adams, fresh off the Practice Squad with little prep time, made an open field tackle for a 2 yard loss. Huge plays, both of them…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Definitely won’t be the last time it happens either. Did it a few times last year too. Sometimes you need your qb to bail you out but if we are gonna repeat need the whole team clicking when it matters most.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.