Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Greattimes

Participant

It is being reported that the NFL will be changing the NFL Season to a 17 game schedule. That means half the teams will play one more game at home than they play on the road, while the other teams play more road games than home games. Some teams will have their season balanced out by international games. Will the Bucs and their fans be on the short end once again by the 17 game schedule?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Trash idea. Greedy AF owners make me sick sometimes. But that’s the lousy game they are in.

Players hate it.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

All NFC teams are away for the the 17th game.

We play Colts. Packers vs Chiefs is delicious.

One more weekend of football is great by me. Not sure why so many people hate the idea of having more weekends of the sport they love.

Injuries happen in every sport and in every season. 17 games is still too low.

• buc_boi

Participant

I’m cool with it as long as they get rid of preseason games.

I’d be cool if the NFL had like a minor league or something

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

2 preseason games are needed.

4 aren’t.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

If you’re going to play a 17th game, either reduce the number of preseason games to three or give the players an extra bye week.

I’m an advocate for the extra bye week because it pushes Super Bowl weekend into President’s Day weekend, giving fans on the east coast a national holiday for the day after the Super Bowl

• Kermit56

Participant

“…giving fans on the east coast a national holiday for the day after the Super Bowl.”–I like the way you are thinking.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Think about it. Despite all the afternoon festivities and pregame hype, the game doesn’t start till about 6:30 on the east coast… long after the sun has gone down in January. By the time all the postgame talk and awards have been given out, it’s after 11 pm on the east coast. People are all liquored up and they don’t want to go to work the next day.

The day after the Super Bowl is one of the least productive days of the year in American businesses.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Don’t fix what isn’t broken. Greedy owners is all this is.

• buc_boi

Participant

4 aren’t.

Agreed

2 preseason games
      2 bye weeks
      Add 2 games to the schedule, 18 game season.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Yeah I am fine with this, I am very surprised that the PA didn’t agree to it with an extra bye week though. Is 2 extra weeks of paying staff and vendors, etc enough of a money dent to make the owners scoff? I understand an extra week of stadium bills can add up real quick but I thought there would be a player concession in there.

Colts will be a tough matchup. I thought I read that they are eliminating a pre season game or 2.

• buc-in-out

Participant

4 aren’t.

Agreed

2 preseason games
      2 bye weeks
      Add 2 games to the schedule, 18 game season.

This makes a lot of sense for owners and players, I’d be all for it. Give the players an extra bye week, cut out 2 pre-season games and go to 18 game schedule.

• Swash

Participant

Makes more sense than the 17 game schedule. The odd number of games sucks. Unless the plan is to do 16 neutral site games.

• Swash

Participant

I don’t agree with it for a multitude of reasons. But at the end of the day the NFL is a business.. so be it.

On a side note, half the leagues single season records will be broken next year.

• kenntak

Participant

Why would they even consider a 17 game season? An odd number is ridiculous.

• buccnation

Participant

Didn’t the players association agree to this? If so, then why is everybody mad at the owners?

• Jackson Lini

Participant

I say great! A 17 game season gives Brady one more game to accumulate more NFL passing records that will never be equaled! Just don let Brady or any starters get injured in a meaningless 17th game! That said, maybe Brady and company can be the first NFL team to go undefeated in a 17 game season. I know I’m reaching, but if the Bucs remain healthy and if you look at their schedule there are only a few games that could prove difficult. Then again…..On Any Given Sunday!

• m_j

Participant

to be honest, I do not care about brady‘s passing records, and if he stays healthy he will break them anyway. the only thing I really care about is our score record.

OK, I‘d like Mike to go over 1000 yards again, but that‘s about it regarding statistics other than W/L.

back to topic, I do not like idea of 17 games season but I also think it comes in favor of good teams. with our schedule we should go at least 11-6 and I actually expect us to be better than that.

• kenntak

Participant

The 17 game season will make the Dolphins undefeated 1972 season more secure.

• Greattimes

Participant

Every time the Bucs played in London it was always a “Home” game that deprived Bucs fans from going to the stadium to watch the game. Playing those “home” games overseas also eliminated the home field advantage. My biggest fear is that whenever the Bucs 17th game is scheduled to be a home game, the game will be played overseas.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.