Tuesday, July 23, 2019

18 game season proposed

This topic contains 31 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  m_j Jul. 17, 2019 at 3:39 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

BucFanFromATL
    Participant

They would need to expand the rosters and fundamentally change the contract structures for players. I would say any contract under 3 years should be fully guaranteed. Shorten the pre-season to 2 games, do away with international games and add a 2nd bye week.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

I guess the number of team vs. team scrimmages would have to increase to give the coaches a chance to evaluate their squads.

+1
    Rating: -1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal reports that, as part of the NFL’s push for 18 regular-season games, the league has advanced the possibility of an 18-game season with a per-player limit of 16 games per year.

The fact that the NFL would even suggest such a revolutionary concept, one that oozes with unintended consequences, shows how desperate the league is to expand the regular season — and how effectively the NFL Players Association has rebuffed those efforts. At this point, the league may get 18 games only by making the players a financial offer they can’t refuse.
    Report: Owners have proposed 18 games, with a 16-game limit for each player

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

LVBUC2
    Participant

How many players make a full 16 game season anyway?  How many players are suspended 2 or more games a season.  How many players play hurt and could use a extra week to heal?

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

BucsBay
    Participant

I’ve been for this one for years. No one is going to cry about 2 less pre-season games, especially if it means more paid roster spots. I think it will make team depth even more valuable and give more guys a shot.

+2
    Please wait...

pewterblood
    Participant

I’m no fan of this proposition, but if anything, I think they should let QBs start all 18 games. They already get paid a lot, and their position is not as physically grueling as the other positions.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

BucsBay
    Participant

I’m no fan of this proposition, but if anything, I think they should let QBs start all 18 games. They already get paid a lot, and their position is not as physically grueling as the other positions.

Why don’t you tell that to Alex Smith. QB’s shouldn’t have different rules than other players. Seeing Blaine Gabbert in live action twice a year isn’t going to kill us, or even necessarily be that bad. It does add complexity to gambling though, as all of this does.

+2
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

Morgan
    Wow, more games for the Bucs to lose in a season. Seems like a cruel thing to subject Bucs-faithful to.
    —-
    Why da fuq are you in here Troll Boy?

+1
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

Bring on the extra games, we in Tampa are going to be losing our baseball team in June every season and from June to the first game of the NFL season is a long stretch and we need something to do – start the NFL season early.
    —-
    @morgan
    So you admit you live in Tampa ya Troll?

That makes your trollish behavior even more puzzling.

+1
    Please wait...

Morgan
    Participant

@morgan

So you admit you live in Tampa

—-

Stop being a whiner. I’ve been posting that since day one.

+1
    Please wait...

-------------------------------------------
    Following the Bucs since 1981

Havok904
    Participant

Stop being a whiner. I’ve been posting that since day one.
    —-
    ^^^

What makes you a special troll is you’ve been whining and complaining for years and yet continue to proprogate the fake
    “I’m not a fan” narrative.

Stop it Troll Boy.
    You’re just a trollish fan.
    Admit it and move on.

Nobody here is buying the “following the Bucs since 1981” BS.

+1
    Please wait...

The Golden God
    Participant

Wow, more games for the Bucs to lose in a season. Seems like a cruel thing to subject Bucs-faithful to.

A problem you don’t have to worry about. Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose, Morgan.

There is some entertainment value in watching people sulk or get angry over a game they have no control over, played by entertainers, I mean athletes. Yes, by athlete entertainers: many who don’t even live in the city they play at during off seasons. Athlethes: many who could easily go play on an arch rival the day the team decides they can’t pay the appropriate salary.

Bring on the extra games, we in Tampa are going to be losing our baseball team in June every season and from June to the first game of the NFL season is a long stretch and we need something to do – start the NFL season early.

Morgan, you are like a prohibitionist who goes to the same pub every night for over three years to drink with the regulars while you talk to anyone who will listen about “the demon liquor.”

+2
    Please wait...

m_j
    Participant

probably going to happen some time down the road, but not so sure about it, there are more and more injuries anyway, I love football but I am not sure more is better!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GottaJaboo
    Participant

16 games is the perfect potion. Messing with this formula is a fool’s errand.

It’s like the “let’s put a team in the UK” thinking. Fucking dumb.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

Morgan
    Participant

probably going to happen some time down the road, but not so sure about it, there are more and more injuries anyway, I love football but I am not sure more is better!

Season ticket holders pay the same for meaningless preseason games as they do any regular season game. I’m sure the majority would love more games that mean something.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

-------------------------------------------
    Following the Bucs since 1981

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.