Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Merlinyc

Participant

You gays seems don’t understand why Brady came to Tampa, :-)) my idea 19-0 is his ultimate goal,
      so if he accomplish it, he’ll retire in divine glory, if not, he’ll try one more time next year,
      so forget about the cap and the money, the organizations will spend whatever is necessary…

• BucBalla85

Participant

I also get that sense that’s what he is after. I was thinking this after he said that 07 super bowl bothered him the most.

• m_j

Participant

I‘m taking another SB, no matter what record!

• Watchman

Participant

Nice to have goals, but I don’t think 19-0 is a realistic one.

The Bucs peaked at the right time, and avoided injuries (for the most part). They were also really fortunate with not losing players to Covid.

Repeating is hard enough. Brady only managed to do it once and that was almost 20 years ago. KC looked like a strong bet to repeat, but injuries and running into a talented team that was peaking took care of that.

Just getting back to the SB is a tall task, winning two in a row is even tougher, 19-0 that’s (won’t say impossible) highly unlikely.

• buc_boi

Participant

Dynasty, baby!

• RW

Participant

The salary cap is a reality.

• Jackson Lini

Participant

Big Brady Fan and now A Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fan! When I read 19-0 I had to laugh as I thought of the the song High Hopes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S94Bh3Qez9o How many times “can that ant move that rubber tree plant”! I doubt 19-0 is doable. I’m sure that is not the goal for 2021. Would it be nice. Absolutely! But that is not the goal.

• Merlinyc

Participant

so what is , for Brady of course, ultimate goal ,
        another stupid trophy he can throw to the canal?

• mjs020294

Participant

I think 19-0 should be the goal with this group in a second season. This year the team was still gelling and Brady plus a few other players were new to Tampa. Look at the losses we suffered and only the two against the Saints we more than three point losses. The Saints without Brees won’t be a major challenge.

• Merlinyc

Participant

but I remember 2007

and that’s the goal!

• PatsfanrootingforBucs

Participant

One game at a time.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hot take:

Tampa is more likely to go 19-0 then miss the playoffs.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by DEBUCSOWN.
      • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• kenntak

Participant

Forget the 19-0. You lose one game, and it blows your goal and maybe some confidence. Like they did last year, get your team playing its best football in December, and then peaking during the playoffs. This year aim for the division title first, and then homefield advantage. The record does not matter as long as homefield advantage is achieved. From then on, the Bucs would be in a great position for the playoffs. The key though is to stay hungry, and play with the utmost intensity. That is why repeating is difficult. KC did not have as much intensity, and were overwhelmed.

• seekpar

Participant

Division title, home field advantage, first round bye, Super Bowl Champs…in that order.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that NE w/Brady got a first round bye every year they were in the playoffs except one. That is a huge advantage having one less playoff game to hurdle, and a home playoff game to start.

• m_j

Participant

I am absolutely confident we’re easily in the playoffs next year, not so sure about the bye, we are not the only good team in the NFC

Talking about 19-0, it might well be 17 games regular season, so 19-0 is not enough ;-)

Therefore: first playoffs and then Rock’n’Roll!!!

• TBChucky

Participant

Take it week by week, focus on your opponent. Try to win every game, but never make 19-0 the goal.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Focus on repeating as Super Bowl Champs, not going 19-0. The Saints are going to be very tough, and we also have to face the Rams and Bears again. Those two defenses gave Tom Brady fits. Plus we’ve got the Bills and the Dolphins to worry about although both those games are at home.

• illinoisbucfan

Participant

I actually think his goal is 9 super bowl rings. Belichick has 8 and I think Brady wants to have one more than that.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.