Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Seeing as they’ve upped the number of regular season games to 17, here’s what I’m thinking would be a good future schedule that can rotate:

1. Increase the number of regular season games to 19. Decrease the number of preseason games to 2.

2. The extra three games are played against teams that finished in the same position as you in the opposite conference that aren’t in the division you’re scheduled to play. For example, the Bucs finished second in 2020 and are playing the AFC East in 2021. Their extra three games would be against the Colts, the Raiders and the Ravens.

3. Teams get two bye weeks during the season, which would push the Super Bowl into President’s Day weekend making the day after the Super Bowl a national holiday. Any team that plays in London gets a bye the following week. Any team that plays on a Thursday night must be coming off a bye the previous week.

4. Increase the number of active roster spots to 65 and the number of practice squad players to 15. Also only five inactive players on game day

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

The players would never sign off on this.

• seekpar

Participant

My thought exactly, no way NFLPA approves this scenario. Even 17 games was a stretch, may not have even passed if it weren’t for the pandemic and the effect on the 2020 revenues.

• BucWonder

Participant

The current CBA does not allow more than 17 games in the regular season, and a total of 20 including the preseason. The CBA runs through 2030 so nothing’s happening until then.

• BucWonder

Participant

No way the owners go for the expanded roster, because $. No way the players go for 19 games.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Well so much for the OP’s idea. I’m still surprised the players went for 17 regular season games.

• BP1

Participant

I don’t agree with adding more regular season games. They are going to get more players hurt before the playoffs.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

We just got to 17. Lets see how that goes first.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.