Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• leeroybuc93

Participant

This is starting to feel like 1997 all over again. Every bad team is bad until suddenly they’re not. It feels like suddenly we’re not. Hell, we might even be good! 2 and 0 against two of the NFL’s power houses. Going into the Superdome and hanging 48 might be the offensive version of giving Joe Montana a concussion and tearing Jerry Rice’s knee up like we did to start ’97. Follow that up by beating the defending champs? I think we’re for real, boys.

• BucWonder

Participant

I agree and 1997 felt like 1979 when Bucs started 5-0 and made the cover of Sports Illustrated. This is going to be a season that Buc fans richly deserve. Go Bucs!

• CyberDilemma

Participant

So far we look like the 2011 Packers….Top offense, worse defense in the league. At least it leads to exciting games to watch.

• buccnation

Participant

I don’t think we have the worst defense whatsoever.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

So far we look like the 2011 Packers….Top offense, worse defense in the league. At least it leads to exciting games to watch.

What about what you saw today says, “worst defense?” We looked bad against the Saints, but they’re the Saints. If this offense is for real we just need a mediocre defense.

• CyberDilemma

Participant

What about what you saw today says, “worst defense?” We looked bad against the Saints, but they’re the Saints. If this offense is for real we just need a mediocre defense.

Last year we were the 32nd ranked defense in yards allowed and gave up 6,032 yards. So far this year we are on pace to give up 7,528 yards. Hey, as long as the offense is clicking on all cylinders it will work, but usually teams built like that fall short once they get to the playoffs.

• Bucsfan79

Participant

All I have to say is Hey hey Tampa bay!!

• tampaspicer

Participant

All I have to say is Hey hey Tampa bay!!

The Bucs know how to shine!!!!

• RudeGuy

Participant

This is starting to feel like 1997 all over again. Every bad team is bad until suddenly they’re not. It feels like suddenly we’re not. Hell, we might even be good! 2 and 0 against two of the NFL’s power houses. Going into the Superdome and hanging 48 might be the offensive version of giving Joe Montana a concussion and tearing Jerry Rice’s knee up like we did to start ’97. Follow that up by beating the defending champs? I think we’re for real, boys.

I think it was Steve Young not Montana, but I get where you are coming from. Young’s helmet came off on the hit and he looked like one of those people from the Excedrin commercials.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

You’re right, it was definitely Steve Young. Just goes to show how long ago that was!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.