Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• tampa pigskin

Participant

Yes I was emarrased as a Buc fan.  I love my Bucs but I can disagree with coaching, Gm, and ownership.  1st off Winston can’t flourish with our o-line, thats I wanted MM hes fast, technical, and has deadly accuracy.  Winston is a gunslinger but needs time to set up, his hips are bad and doesn’t stay closed drags his back foot like wounded animal.  He runs like a wet chicken.  I think he is a good QB  but not for us.Now for Lovie he is over seasoned, and set the defense up for failure not giving credit to MM for his quick release.  Even McCoy mentioned how quick he is. feel sorry for the bucs, we have great players, but need a little more.  Winston is a bad situation for his skill set.  I don't understand if we went backwards hiring lovie ( which I wanted Zimmer) why not hired Dungy as a Gm he put together a superbowl team just couldn't coach it.Lovie had the Bears handed to him.  He can't pick and build a team but he can coach a winning team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota wouldve been the better pick for a koetter ran offense, that is what seems backwards to me.Like ryan, his plays are designed to get the ball out quickly and neat. So then, why was winston picked? Why not pick the guy who is quicker, and has been a competiton machine?Dumb, daa, daa, daaaa, duuuuumb!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take away all the penalties and blown assignments… and the o-line didn’t play all that bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well put. The Bucs organization is a disaster. As an advocate of drafting Mariota, I would have NEVER imagined that after one game, it is absolutely crystal clear we made the wrong choice. Did these guys not watch Mariota and see a glimpse of what we saw on Sunday? How could they have missed that much talent? It seems to me that they were set on Winston and just refused to actually evaluate these two guys. Their skill levels and ceilings are not close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take away all the penalties and blown assignments... and the o-line didn't play all that bad.

Take away the pick 6, int, stumbling, wobbly ducks, and botched hand offs, and the QB didn't look to shabby either.#whereisrunole

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes I was emarrased as a Buc fan.  I love my Bucs but I can disagree with coaching, Gm, and ownership.  1st off Winston can't flourish with our o-line, thats I wanted MM hes fast, technical, and has deadly accuracy.  Winston is a gunslinger but needs time to set up, his hips are bad and doesn't stay closed drags his back foot like wounded animal.  He runs like a wet chicken.  I think he is a good QB  but not for us.Now for Lovie he is over seasoned, and set the defense up for failure not giving credit to MM for his quick release.  Even McCoy mentioned how quick he is. feel sorry for the bucs, we have great players, but need a little more.  Winston is a bad situation for his skill set.  I don't understand if we went backwards hiring lovie ( which I wanted Zimmer) why not hired Dungy as a Gm he put together a superbowl team just couldn't coach it.Lovie had the Bears handed to him.  He can't pick and build a team but he can coach a winning team.

Dungy put together a superbowl team? When did he do that? He didn't build the Bucs (Wyche gave him Lynch, Sapp, and Brooks as the nucleus) or Colts (I still remember Manning shooing the punt team off the field when Dungy wanted to punt) into superbowl teams.

Please wait…

• robert33

Participant

Lynch Brooks  and Sapp didn’t win the superbowl the whole team did . What about Barber Alstott and the rest of the crew.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lynch Brooks  and Sapp didn't win the superbowl the whole team did . What about Barber Alstott and the rest of the crew.

You're right, if Dungy doesn't get Sapp, Brooks and Lynch, I'm sure he still has a team ready to go deep in the playoffs with Dilfer, King, Jazquez Green, Reidel Anthony, Warrick Dunn, Alstott, as his offensive unit. And no doubt the Bucs still sign Simeon Rice (or Simeon even would want to go to Tampa) without those three guys. Without those guys, I'm sure Gruden takes over and just slaps in McCardell and Jurevicius and a few others, and we still get the Lombardi.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dungy certainly helped, no doubt, and by bringing in Kiffen, the Bucs were poised to be champs, but Dungy was handed a once in a lifetime nucleus. Let’s not go overboard and say he built a Superbowl team, he was handed a star player at every level on defense.

Please wait…

• robert33

Participant

You missed the point

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You missed the point

Possibly, but after stating Dungy built a superbowl team, my thought process went elsewhere while you were talking about how Winston isn't the right qb for this team, in its current state.

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.