Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Ted Cruz needs to do what’s right for Party Unity– drop out of the race!This morning, I read there is scuttlebutt about "Cruz uniting as Trump's VP, then Trump eventually naming Cruz to the Supreme Court". (Not for the Scala opening.)That would be a Dream Scenerio!Cruz biting the bullet is the only thing that will bring an end to the Division in the Party, imo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cruz might be rhe most self-serving politician in D.C.No way the dude drops out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is your basis for labeling Cruz as self-serving? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is your basis for labeling Cruz as self-serving?

It's based on many of the things he has done in his short time in the Senate. Actions that have caused many of his fellow Republican Senators to flat out dislike the guy. Here is an artcle that chronicles some of the actions he has taken.http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-many-many-reasons-republican-senators-can%E2%80%99t-stand-ted-cruz/ar-AAgLrsiThere is no doubt that he is intelligent. He knows what he is doing. Every move he has made has been calculated and his future presidential run has been the ultimate guide to every one of his decisions, IMO. Whether it's threatening a government shut down or throwing his colleagues under the bus for seeking compromise, his grandstanding has been about being perceived as the one Congressman who is the outsider and who would fight to the point that he would rather bring everything to a halt, than to concede. Ted Cruz constantly talks about the "Washington Cartel", but he is akin to "Washington ISIS". He is a hard nosed ideologue who has not problem taking hostages and if his demands aren't met, he has no problem whipping out the dull blade and painfully sawing the head off of his hostage. Cruz has run a dirty campaign, and it's obvious to me that he will do anything to achieve the office of the Presidency. I'm certainly no Trump fan, but "lyin' Ted" isn't certainly one of his better contributions this cycle. Trump is a wild card and it's hard to know what he'll do if he takes office, but I view Cruz as much more dangerous than Trump.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cruz is a Black and White candidate with no Gray.Trump is indeed the unknown that the republican establishment holds little influence.  ie He can't be bought by special interests that they are already beholden.  That scares the Hell out of RINO's that have always put their own self interest above the will of the people that elected them.Cruz won't get anything done with his lack of being able to close any deal.  Trump is the best choice because that is what he does best which will always be to the best benefit to America.  It is no wonder many foreign powers are lining up to fund Hillary which will keep the Tail(rest of the world) wagging the Dog( America).I still believe a Trump/Rubio ticket would be best for the party but Lil Marco seems resolved to have his name not under consideration.  A Trump/ Kasich ticket would probably have the most appeal to the voters and establishment.  Trump/Cruz?  Would be the best choice to appease the radical Right Wing. Sadly, it appears too many in the population are far too sensitive at this time to the bombastic Trump and they are just too wussified to accept him as their choice. Losers seldom support winners. That takes character and that is severely lacking in government today. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting thoughts. As for the nickname, it is likely the most inaccurate of all.  The man might do a lot of things that incite the other side, by lying to them is not one.  He is pretty straightforward.As you undoubtedly are aware no one member of Congress (especially the Senate) is able to shut down the government.  The nonsense of omnibus spending is one of the most arcane of all processes.  It is time for the "budget" to be at least broken into segments to allow members to properly represent their beliefs and those of their constituents.  The cartels are easily identified I would think.  That lies with the two party system and those insiders who would control the political and to an extent the economic policies of this country.  Some call them fat cats, the rich... whatever.  If one were to look at the two candidates (one from each party) that recognize the cartels (or the 1% rich folks) you are left with Bernie and Cruz - they are both anti cartel/rich folks/fat cats...  Insofar as compromise - that has become a thing of the past.  Clearly both parties have shown they do not willingness to accept anything less they their demands.  Check the Senator from Nevada and the Senator from Kentucky, the last two "Leaders" of the Senate.  They both should have been discharged from their positions given their performances over the last 8 years.  No one could convince any rational American that their conduct warranted less then dismissal.And neither the Executive Branch nor the Supreme Court have done much to assist or straighten out the mess that has been created.  But these two branches of the government deserve their own topics some day in the future. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Runole, I think someone is talking about our qb and a incident while in college on the red board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That scares the Hell out of RINO's that have always put their own self interest above the will of the people that elected them.

Who are these "RINOs", and what is the litmus test for classifying someone as a RINO? It's funny, because most who throw that word acronym around so loosely would undoubtedly call a random Senator a RINO if you copied and pasted Trump's stances to that Senator.

Cruz won't get anything done with his lack of being able to close any deal.

Not much would happen under President Cruz because he is an obstructionist.

Sadly, it appears too many in the population are far too sensitive at this time to the bombastic Trump and they are just too wussified to accept him as their choice. 

You continue to vastly overplay the PC/sensative/wussifed talking point. It's much more about the general public basically not agreeing with key Trump stances.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting thoughts. As for the nickname, it is likely the most inaccurate of all.  The man might do a lot of things that incite the other side, by lying to them is not one.  He is pretty straightforward.

As a resident of Texas for most of my life and during Cruz's entire time in Congress, I have paid attention to him and the things he has done, the public statements he has made, the votes he has cast. I'll say that he is definitely consistent, but not necessarily honest. He is just like a politician in that he plays loosely with the facts and twists them when speaking to his supporters and the American people. He is no different than many other politicians in this regard, despite what he portrays himself as being. Some don't put much value in to politifact. They currently have Cruz at around 6% of being "TRUE" in his statements. It's just a sample or small taste, but from my POV, it's fairly accurate.http://www.politifact.com/personalities/ted-cruz/

As you undoubtedly are aware no one member of Congress (especially the Senate) is able to shut down the government.

No, it would have taken a collective to force a shut down. A collective that Ted Cruz was volleying for and trying to collect on multiple occasions. Everything I have seen on Cruz over the past 3 years screams self serving obstructionist.

The nonsense of omnibus spending is one of the most arcane of all processes.  It is time for the "budget" to be at least broken into segments to allow members to properly represent their beliefs and those of their constituents.

I think there are very few true "small/limited government" Republicans in Congress. Republicans hate big Government, except for the instances where they love big government.   

The cartels are easily identified I would think.  That lies with the two party system and those insiders who would control the political and to an extent the economic policies of this country.  Some call them fat cats, the rich... whatever.  If one were to look at the two candidates (one from each party) that recognize the cartels (or the 1% rich folks) you are left with Bernie and Cruz - they are both anti cartel/rich folks/fat cats... 

He votes with Republicans on a lot of issues regarding continuing our oligarchy. His message only recently has pivoted to speaking out against money and power being funneled to the "fat cats" and has more of a populist tone on some stances, but his voting record doesn't always reflect this.

Insofar as compromise - that has become a thing of the past.  Clearly both parties have shown they do not willingness to accept anything less they their demands.  Check the Senator from Nevada and the Senator from Kentucky, the last two "Leaders" of the Senate.  They both should have been discharged from their positions given their performances over the last 8 years.  No one could convince any rational American that their conduct warranted less then dismissal.

Both sides of the isle dig in and are more hard line than we've seen in a bit. Both sides share blame for the polarization we have seen growing the last few decades. Compromise still happens, just a lot less of it, especially on issues that the public cares about and Congressmen have to stand firm for perception purposes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Runole, I think someone is talking about our qb and a incident while in college on the red board.

You get a standing O on this one.tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people say Kasich needs to drop out– “F” that!!Cruz is the lynchpin for the Republicans from this point forward.If he drops out soon, it would be a show of SUPPORT for the leading candidate, and the Party would HAVE TO get behind Trump.If he stays in the race for a long amount of time, then the talk continues of anarchy within the Party.http://electleaders.com/2016/02/breaking-cruz-negotiating-with-trump-for-vp-spot/Bite the bullet, Ted.For the sake of the Party/Country.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You get a standing O on this one.

There is nothing the least bit humorous about falsely accusing someone of rape.However that should not eliminate real sexual assaults that occur.The question must be asked? Are there special rules for the President of the US being accused of multiple sexual assaults that have been confirmed and his enabler Hillary doing everything in her power to destroy the victims?http://www.albertpeia.com/oxfordassault.htm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly, it appears too many in the population are far too sensitive at this time to the bombastic Trump and they are just too wussified to accept him as their choice. 

You continue to vastly overplay the PC/sensative/wussifed talking point. It's much more about the general public basically not agreeing with key Trump stances.What are those stances that are not agreed?  Breaking US immigration laws?  Unfair trade agreements? Condemnation of Muslim terrorists? Producing real jobs for all minorities?The only thing might be the repeal of Abominable health care?As to PC....Not a day goes by that media doesn't rail about the lack of PC correctness which they label as HATE?  Referring Trump as Hitler?  Absurd!  What an abhorrent characterization of a very successful American Capitalist.  The left wing is mentally ill IMO.Trump gets blamed for Left Wing nut jobs that try to stop the first amendment rights which this country was founded upon.  Freedom of Speech!  Stopping freedom of speech has no tenets in the constitution of the US.Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ted Cruz needs to do what's right for Party Unity-- drop out of the race!This morning, I read there is scuttlebutt about "Cruz uniting as Trump's VP, then Trump eventually naming Cruz to the Supreme Court". (Not for the Scala opening.)That would be a Dream Scenerio!Cruz biting the bullet is the only thing that will bring an end to the Division in the Party, imo

That could be the most popular choice of the conservative part of the party.  His ground game indeed could be helpful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Politifact is what it is, a group distinctly related to a newspaper and liberal.  I have stopped reading their offerings as they are very hard working in who they decide to evaluate and how.It still remains one Senator can do little to nothing insofar as shutting down the government.  Those who would wish to hang that accomplishment upon one Senator either don't understand how the Congress and Executive Branch work, or don't want to address the real reasons.If it is the case there is too few Republicans, or representatives in general, that cannot see the overhaul of the government is needed to reduce duplication with states we need more such representatives.  The federal government has its' role as designed early on with the assistance of the founding documents.  To centralize more than designed, and duplicate such roles at Federal and State Level is protected by omnibus budget process.  It is my humble opinion that removal of such a process would expose much of the nonsenses that is occurring.When the first term Senator votes against oligarchy he is delinquent in timing?  When he points it out using the filibuster he is shutting down the government.  When he pointed out McConnell's clumsy use of the leadership position and misled he was referred to as a maverick. He was the Tea Party candidate wasn't he?  Following that groups goals he would likely want both a reduction of spending, reduction in governmental controls and departments, and call upon the states to take their roles as identified and explained within the founding documents.  And yes, it would be nice to see more such politicians - i.e. that will take the time to look at what is going on and at least try to do something about it.Yes indeed the Congress, and for that matter the Executive Branch as well, need to pay far more attention to the matters important to the citizens of this nation.  I for one am fairly tired of being told who will get what for free, and how our government will manage this transfer of assets, and watch as too many representatives seem to be getting wealthy as our "representatives".  And these same representatives seem to be very concerned about altering their roles of both governing and running the government. I believe it should be taught to all from a young age, the role of the federal government and that of the state governments. In that way the down sizing of federal government and authority will become less, perhaps moving closer to the original design and farther from the current cesspool. Just my thoughts - I leave the final thoughts of this topic to you, have a great day and thanks for the conversation. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would that be a bad thing?  What was the last good piece of legislation passed in DC?  All these jackwagons ever do is f*ck up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It still remains one Senator can do little to nothing insofar as shutting down the government.  Those who would wish to hang that accomplishment upon one Senator either don't understand how the Congress and Executive Branch work, or don't want to address the real reasons.

Once again, my point on the shutdown was never that Cruz actually forced a shut down. It is the fact that he is one of the few Senators who constantly attempts to rally his fellow Republicans in forcing all action to come to a halt for this decision or that decision not going the way that he wants it to go. It's more about his advocacy for obstruction that is a hug turn off for me. It isn't about him actually accomplishing what he says he wants in this regard. He never gets much support from his fellow Republican Senators on a lot of these maneuvers, because they aren't a fan of his antics.

If it is the case there is too few Republicans, or representatives in general, that cannot see the overhaul of the government is needed to reduce duplication with states we need more such representatives.  The federal government has its' role as designed early on with the assistance of the founding documents.  To centralize more than designed, and duplicate such roles at Federal and State Level is protected by omnibus budget process.  It is my humble opinion that removal of such a process would expose much of the nonsenses that is occurring.

Cruz, like many Republicans, are silent regarding states' rights when something at the Federal level goes the way they want it to. When things don't go their way, it's "states rights are being trampled" this, and "violation of the 10th amendment" that.

When the first term Senator votes against oligarchy he is delinquent in timing?

This isn't how I would define Cruz, as purely anti-oligarchy.

When he points it out using the filibuster he is shutting down the government.

Not talking about anything being shut down, because nothing ever was shut down.

When he pointed out McConnell's clumsy use of the leadership position and misled he was referred to as a maverick.

I have no issue with him calling out McConnell. The point of that being a reference point is how it turned off many of his colleagues, especially in his delivery.

He was the Tea Party candidate wasn't he?

Yup, he was part of the tea pary revolt.

Yes indeed the Congress, and for that matter the Executive Branch as well, need to pay far more attention to the matters important to the citizens of this nation.  I for one am fairly tired of being told who will get what for free, and how our government will manage this transfer of assets, and watch as too many representatives seem to be getting wealthy as our "representatives".  And these same representatives seem to be very concerned about altering their roles of both governing and running the government. I believe it should be taught to all from a young age, the role of the federal government and that of the state governments. In that way the down sizing of federal government and authority will become less, perhaps moving closer to the original design and farther from the current cesspool.

Not much disagreement from me there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would that be a bad thing? 

perhaps not bad from a governing standpoint (if you are a conservative), but terrible from an election standpoint

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If everything is in lockdown, then I don’t see how we continue to give breaks to the job creators.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drop out, Ted Lüuz.The voters have spoken. #HateCruz#OverraTed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s silly.#CNNcrowd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ted Cruz has totally jumped the shark.I predict the remaining states' voters will ABSOLUTELY turn on Raphael Cruz

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Ted Cruz needs to do what's right for Party Unity-- drop out of the race!This morning, I read there is scuttlebutt about "Cruz uniting as Trump's VP, then Trump eventually naming Cruz to the Supreme Court". (Not for the Scala opening.)That would be a Dream Scenerio!Cruz biting the bullet is the only thing that will bring an end to the Division in the Party, imo

Either way the party is going down like a rock. I'd be shocked if they can even make this race mildly close. The republicans are just conceding this race with these jokers at the helm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s silly talk.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Either way the party is going down like a rock. I'd be shocked if they can even make this race mildly close. The republicans are just conceding this race with these jokers at the helm.

how do you even function day to day when you are so far from reality? todays news headlines are enough to kill your argument cold.GDP: 0.5%...Business investment weakest since Great Recession...Lackluster. Uneven. Pain... Homeownership rate falls to third lowest on record...Obama First President Not to See Single Year of 3% Growth...

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

how do you even function day to day when you are so far from reality? todays news headlines are enough to kill your argument cold.GDP: 0.5%...Business investment weakest since Great Recession...Lackluster. Uneven. Pain... Homeownership rate falls to third lowest on record...Obama First President Not to See Single Year of 3% Growth...

I'd be happy to place a wager on it as long as it's interesting. What you perceive as reality isn't in fact actual reality. You see the effects and don't understand the cause. It's not surprising since most don't. The ugly truth doesn't paint a pretty picture when you dig into it so avoiding it is the key. :)Here's a pretty picture to help hold your hand!450x375x102.gif.pagespeed.ic.EJ6X3v8Ya2.pngIf you want to talk about first for a president how about Bush having the first private sector job loss in history?bushobamajobs1115.jpgHow about unemployment rates?bushobamaunemployment1115.jpgI'm not an Obama fan myself but the facts are the facts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you actually understand how they get those numbers for unemployment?  Once you are no longer looking for a job you are considered employed or not figured at all.Fact the US is in the deepest debt in its entire history.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Do you actually understand how they get those numbers for unemployment?  Once you are no longer looking for a job you are considered employed or not figured at all.Fact the US is in the deepest debt in its entire history.

Thanks in majority to Bush. Yea Obama didn't help much and caused problems as well but Bush delivered the killing blows. His exit gift doomed whoever took office after him. Anyone who took office after him knew they were screwed. Funny how the Dem's won and took the fall. Almost seems like it was intended to happen that way. That trend is going to carry over to whomever takes office next as well. Bush....the gift that keep giving!But you keep ignoring the facts and cherry picking the stuff you feel you can get away with. Let me know how that works out for you. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ted “Zodiac Killer” Cruz’s last night as a pretend-legit candidate.Good Riddance, piece of trash Ted.Trump Train is running your sorry ass over Tuesday in Indiana!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boom!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people say Kasich needs to drop out-- "F" that!!Cruz is the lynchpin for the Republicans from this point forward.If he drops out soon, it would be a show of SUPPORT for the leading candidate, and the Party would HAVE TO get behind Trump.If he stays in the race for a long amount of time, then the talk continues of anarchy within the Party.http://electleaders.com/2016/02/breaking-cruz-negotiating-with-trump-for-vp-spot/Bite the bullet, Ted.For the sake of the Party/Country.

Nailed it, of course!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cruz needs to cruz or get off the pot.Endorse Trump.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Cruz needs to cruz or get off the pot.Endorse Trump.

It all comes down to Nebraska.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah!Um, "no".

Please wait…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.