Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Who you want back?

Easy for me. AB & Suh.

Fournette was clutch in the playoff run but nearly cut around week 14.

Suh most important to me. Ab next. Fournette next. Would prefer white/mack/draft rb.

What say you?

• BucsSavant

Participant

I would agree on all counts. Suh is a priority, AB is a luxury we should focus on, Fournette is borderline unneeded.

• Roy

Participant

All three may be back and may have deals pending. They are just waiting on the Bucs to clear cap space. You can’t announce anything because its not guaranteed that they are able to restructure/extend the contracts of certain players. But right now there is no cap space, so they can’t re-sign anybody.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Suh
      AB
      Fournette

• dalbuc

Participant

Like everyone else,
      Suh
      AB
      Fournette

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I think all three will be back but Suh gets top priority.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Suh. AB. 4.

I agree with Roy. They wanna stay and gave probably been told to be patient. The management probably has their demands already, and perhaps see them as being reasonable and doable…just need time to get that cheese.

Suh has said he wants back. Clearly AB and 4 are working out and saying and doing the right things. Working hard already? Sign me up. Football players doing pro regimen workouts says a lot to me about their commitment.

Would be great to have all of them back. 4 killed it in the playoffs. So did Suh. AB us a factor that prevents double teams. Great group of true football lovers.

• JC5100

Participant

AB needs to go. Miller and Johnson need to play and he’s a ticking time bomb.

• buccnation

Participant

Bring back Suh and that’s it.

• Darktanian

Participant

They wanna stay and probably been told to be patient. The management probably has their demands already, and perhaps see them as being reasonable and doable…just need time to get that cheese.

I believe that is indeed what is taking place.

I’m so glad that this front office isn’t having a player fire-sale like the past front office did after the 2002 SB win.

• JC5100

Participant

Not sure if srs.

2003 team brought back the entire offense except Christy who retired.

Defense lost Jackson and Singleton but they were probably the two worst players on the defense.

If you’re referring to getting rid of Sapp and Lynch in 2004, you know they had the #1 defense in 2005 right? The game the defense played in the playoffs that year was historically good.

• Greattimes

Participant

The Bucs have plenty of depth at the WR yet lack a complete RB that can run, pass catch and block. Absolutely need to sign Suh, but it is a tossup who should be a higher priority for the Bucs, AB or Fournette.

• Runole

Participant

Agree with those that want all 3 back

• Darktanian

Participant

Not sure if srs.

Defense lost Jackson and Singleton but they were probably the two worst players on the defense.

If you’re referring to getting rid of Sapp and Lynch in 2004, you know they had the #1 defense in 2005 right? The game the defense played in the playoffs that year was historically good.

I never mentioned a specific year, but concerning the player fire sale…

“Greenberg’s way of handling Tampa Bay’s salary cap is a far cry of how former general manager Rich McKay bungled it after Super Bowl XXXVII which put the Bucs in salary cap hell,

forcing the team to cut star players

and have to deal with a lot of dead money.” ~Scott Reynolds

• The Freeman

Participant

there is one huge difference with 2002, we didn’t trade four 1st/2nd round picks for the missing pieces and we have more young fondation.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Hopefully Watkins signs with Baltimore. One less team for AB.

• BucsBay

Participant

Fournette and Suh were really key players for our playoff run. If we lose either of them, I think that position becomes our biggest need and likely to require a premium pick. Hopefully we get them both back still.

• buccnation

Participant

A running back shouldn’t require a premium pick IMO. Fournette’s production can be replaced fairly easily. I think there are several upgrades still available on the free agent market too. Probably cost less as well. I also see Vaughn taking some step forward too with a training camp and a year under his belt. Also, people are forgetting that RoJo was the better back last year.

• obuc

Participant

Suh. If I knew that Fournette would play like he did in the post season, I would say him second for sure. People think we have enough receivers but we have no one who can get open like AB can. He can really pivot on a dime and go the other direction.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yeah, AB has great suddenness. Good hands, quick acceleration, fairly clean route runner, in his heyday he was the best WR in the league.

He’s lost a few steps but is still an incredible target.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

He looked like the old AB to me dude was really fast out there for losing a step.

• alpar

Participant

Lenny reminds me of chuck Muncie

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Lenny is replaceable.

AB is as well. Would rather see Johnson get more snaps.

Suh is the only one I’d press to keep. But, even if not, we can draft his replacement.

• JC5100

Participant

Not sure if srs.

I never mentioned a specific year, but concerning the player fire sale…

“Greenberg’s way of handling Tampa Bay’s salary cap is a far cry of how former general manager Rich McKay bungled it after Super Bowl XXXVII which put the Bucs in salary cap hell,

forcing the team to cut star players

and have to deal with a lot of dead money.” ~Scott Reynolds

Not even remotely true. The only big signing McKay made was McFarland extension, which helped A. the #1 defense in 2005 when he had an excellent season. B. He was traded for a 2nd round pick in 2006.

After getting rid of McKay in 2003, Gruden got rid of McCardell, Oben, Thomas Jones, Sapp, Lynch and went on a spending spree. Here are the contracts with their equivalent values to current day to put it in perspective.

Derrick Deese- $39M, $5.7M signing bonus
      Todd Steussie- $45M, $9M signing bonus (steroids, got Simms seriously injured, benched)
      Charlie Garner- $45M, $9M signing bonus, played 3 games.

NFL GMs are just using void years like a new credit cards with big maxes. He’s not doing anything Earth shattering.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

There is no rush for the Bucs they can be patient as the market is flooded with players and more player dumped post draft.

Build the trenches!

• The Freeman

Participant

would say AB if the draft wasn’t so loaded at receiver and so bad at DT…

1.Suh
      2.AB
      3.4net

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Well looks like Suh is back. Now for AB and Lenny

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Lots of UFA WRs out there and the draft is loaded with WRs and RBs. I wouldn’t mind seeing AB and playoff Lenny back.

Build the trenches!

• BadabingBucs

Participant

If I only had to pick 2 – it would be Suh and Fournette. It’s very likely we sign all three however. Brown is icing on the cake at #3 WR but with Miller and Johnson as well as 3 starting tight ends; Brown is a luxury.

Fournette stepped up huge in the playoffs and can’t really forget about that. We wouldn’t have the same outcome with Ronald Jones there. He punched Packers and Chiefs in the mouth with those touchdowns and had almost 500 yards from scrimmage in his 4 games.

Ideally, He should be the starter with Ronald Jones still getting his fair share of carries. Ask yourself who is the better pass catching and blocking back? Lenny. They both have their moments in the running game so that isn’t to take anything anyway from either of them but we need Lenny back, especially now with James White back at Patriots. Dont want to rely on a rookie as the 3rd down pass catching back.

Suh, already re-signed, and if this team has a weakness (i said IF lol), it’s the depth on the defensive line/edge. They should focus on that in the draft.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.