2002 NFC Championship-Ronde Barber

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ABuccsFan
    Participant

Everyone remembers the famous INT return for the TD to seal the game, but after watching the replay on NFL game pass, Ronde was a man possessed that day. Even without the INT, he was the best and most disruptive player on the field the entire game. Sacks, forced fumbles, passes broken up, INT, great open field tackles, coverage, blitzes…he did it all that game. It was unreal to rewatch that game and see Ronde outright dominate.

+22
    Rating: +22. From 22 votes.
    Please wait...

"For a brief, shining moment in history a select breed truly lived free.".......Unkown

GermCanBuc
    Participant

He really did dominate that game. I also re-watched it. Like you said, everyone remembers the pick-6, but he was ALL over the place all game….. It was nice to be able to watch that today and watch all the guys I grew up loving put a beat down on Philly. I always tend to forget that they got up early, and it would have been really easy to go to “here we go again” mode, especially after losing to them earlier in the year.

+5
    Rating: +5. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    kenntak
    Participant

That game was a defining moment in Buccaneers history. In many ways, it was the Super Bowl for the Bucs–the horrendous history against the Eagles in the playoffs, the cold weather, the last game in Veterans Stadium, the confidence of the Eagles, etc.

+7
    Rating: +7. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by kenntak.
    Donkey
    Participant

Best part of that game was the huge catch by Joe J. after the Philly fans were taunting him about his infant sons death days earlier. That play change the momentum in the game.

+5
    Rating: +5. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    bodydenny
    Participant

I think you’re getting the NFC championship mixed up with the opening of the Linc next year. The Monday Night football game was the one where Jurevicious was taunted.

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    Donkey
    Participant

You’re right. His son was born 5 days before that game and died when he was 10 weeks old.

I think you’re getting the NFC championship mixed up with the opening of the Linc next year. The Monday Night football game was the one where Jurevicious was taunted.

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.