2010 draft 10 years later in retrospect

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    X
    Spectator

Vea has made more of an overall impact than Derwin. GTFO.

I would love to see this for the 2012 draft when we took Mark Barron over Luke Keuchly. I’ve never been so pissed at a draft pick before in my life.

+4
    Rating: +3. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

will never forget this, I was so pissed, I remember people saying that we had mason foster so we didn’t need keuchly, which was even more infuriating

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

yup

we could have had Kuechly and David as our LBs……………………..

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

Yeah, I gotta say, it may end up working out for us but I was pissed as well when we could’ve had Aaron Donald, Derwin James, and Josh Allen, but I do love me some Mike Evans now, and Vita and Devin look good so far too.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

I would love to see this for the 2012 draft when we took Mark Barron over Luke Keuchly. I’ve never been so pissed at a draft pick before in my life.

+4
    Please wait...

will never forget this, I was so pissed, I remember people saying that we had mason foster so we didn’t need keuchly, which was even more infuriating

+1
    Please wait...

yup

Please wait...

Yeah, I gotta say, it may end up working out for us but I was pissed as well when we could’ve had Aaron Donald, Derwin James, and Josh Allen, but I do love me some Mike Evans now, and Vita and Devin look good so far too.

+1
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Your reading comprehension seems to be sorely lacking, as I said I like Vita, but in case you weren’t aware, Derwin was 1st team all pro as a rookie, so do us all a favor and GTFOH.

+1
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

Fine on all except for the McCoy part. That was good for a laugh.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RHBucsFan
    Participant

I would love to see old posts from people claiming how great that draft was.

+1
    Please wait...

That’s funny. I’m sure they’re out there in the archives somewhere. Anyone want to browse through a couple hundred thousand pages?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    JC5100
    Participant

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

What’s wrong with the McCoy part? He was a completely underwhelming player who should A. not have been drafted with that pick and B. traded before signing that ridiculous contract in 2014.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pepsi
    Participant

Pepsi, lots of blue chippers and some
    HOF players passed up in that draft. Looked like garbage then and now.

+1
    Rating: -2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

There was nobody saying it was garbage in 2010. Bucs draft grades were A to A+ by every site that reviews and grades teams drafts. I was on the boards here in 2010, 90% of this board or more thought that draft haul was awesome at the time

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

Pepsi, lots of blue chippers and some
    HOF players passed up in that draft. Looked like garbage then and now.

+1
    Rating: -2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

There was nobody saying it was garbage in 2010. Bucs draft grades were A to A+ by every site that reviews and grades teams drafts. I was on the boards here in 2010, 90% of this board or more thought that draft haul was awesome at the time

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

I was ok with the McCoy pick… and still am. He wasn’t that bad. He didn’t live up to the hype, but I think that was more environmental than anything. After that, I hated the Brian Price and Arrellious Benn picks. Heard too many bad things about Price. I liked Tate better than Benn. I liked the Myron Lewis pick because I thought had a chance to be a solid player. I didn’t like the Mike Williams pick, but I “accepted it”. He dropped for a reason. I didn’t think the Bucs were in position to take a player like him. I wanted them to take a more reliable option. After looking back at the draft, no name pops up as a player that I’d have rather had, which is probably why I “accepted” the pick. After that, I’m not going to rail on any team for 6th & 7th round picks that don’t pan out.

The one problem with this board, and it’s probably because there are too many homers, is that at there have been too many people who liked every pick. I never give draft grades after the draft because it’s too much of a crap shoot. What I do grade is the GM’s draft process. I remember giving Dominic a very low grade because I think he wasted 3 of his top 5 picks.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

I would love to see old posts from people claiming how great that draft was.

+1
    Please wait...

That’s funny. I’m sure they’re out there in the archives somewhere. Anyone want to browse through a couple hundred thousand pages?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

@Pepsi
    is right that this board was in love with that draft… boggled my mind really. I thought it was “meh” at best… oddly, like virtually every draft after that as well. I always found it funny how year in and year out, this board is predominantly a cheerleader after every draft and year in and year out, you find out that every draft sucked. Then, those same people who cheered those picks, kill those picks, and criticize those who made them and stating that those who made the picks don’t know what they’re doing.

Example…
    GM: I pick John Smith
    Red Board: Yeah! Great pick, Smith is going to awesome.

Red Board (after 2 years): John Smith sucks!

Red Board (after 3 years – when Smith gets cut): GM Sucks. He should have taken my guy.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by TBayXXXVII.
    dexmonkey
    Participant

+4
    Please wait...

+1
    Please wait...

yup

Please wait...

+1
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

ehhhhh id call it a push at best

James was an All Pro as a rookie and missed most of year 2 with a training camp foot injury

Vea missed a big chunk of year 1 and came on in year 2 to dominate

James probably gets a slight edge for being All Pro but Vea is looking like a much better pick now than it was at the time it was made

im glad we took him but i would have been happy with either. both of those guys look like theyre going to be cornerstone type players

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    dexmonkey
    Participant

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

What’s wrong with the McCoy part? He was a completely underwhelming player who should A. not have been drafted with that pick and B. traded before signing that ridiculous contract in 2014.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

wait, what?

McCoy was a dominant DT for years and was considered one of the best 3Ts in the league. he tailed off at the end for us and i wish he was more of a dog but to say he was completely underwhelming is absurd

+1
    Please wait...
    X
    Spectator

Vea is part of the number 1, the best, run defense which you expect him to be, and has been, a major part of. Sick of hearing about James. Only this board whines about taking Vea over him. Sickening.

+4
    Please wait...

+1
    Please wait...

yup

Please wait...

+1
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

James was an All Pro as a rookie and missed most of year 2 with a training camp foot injury

James probably gets a slight edge for being All Pro but Vea is looking like a much better pick now than it was at the time it was made

im glad we took him but i would have been happy with either. both of those guys look like theyre going to be cornerstone type players

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    dexmonkey
    Participant

Vea is part of the number 1, the best, run defense which you expect him to be, and has been, a major part of. Sick of hearing about James. Only this board whines about taking Vea over him. Sickening.

+4
    Please wait...

+1
    Please wait...

yup

Please wait...

+1
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

and hes doing a good job. id like to see him get after the passer more, which i think he will.

the #1 run defense isnt as impressive to me since we field something like the 30th ranked passing defense and its a passing league. if this was the 80s or early 90s then #1 run d would be more impressive

like i said im thrilled to have him. big dudes that can cause havoc like him are very hard to find.

you’ll always hear someone complaining about James, just like Kuechly, just like Aaron Donald and every other guy we passed on to take someone else. these guys were All Pros that we passed on. nature of the beast

shit we still have people bitching about not taking Aaron Rogers and that was 15 years ago. it never ends and fans always whine about the ones that got away or that were missed

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    X
    Spectator

I saw the secondary trending towards better play. We could see them play better the latter part of the season. Rookies on a tough tough road schedule had to adjust to life in the nfl. Sick of hearing about James. People scoffed when Vea got hurt, but we’re all butt hurt and sad when James got hurt. Fuck that.

+4
    Please wait...

+1
    Please wait...

yup

Please wait...

+1
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

and hes doing a good job. id like to see him get after the passer more, which i think he will.

the #1 run defense isnt as impressive to me since we field something like the 30th ranked passing defense and its a passing league. if this was the 80s or early 90s then #1 run d would be more impressive

like i said im thrilled to have him. big dudes that can cause havoc like him are very hard to find.

you’ll always hear someone complaining about James, just like Kuechly, just like Aaron Donald and every other guy we passed on to take someone else. these guys were All Pros that we passed on. nature of the beast

shit we still have people bitching about not taking Aaron Rogers and that was 15 years ago. it never ends and fans always whine about the ones that got away or that were missed

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RHBucsFan
    Participant

Neither Vea nor Derwin James were drafted in 2010. Take this sword fight out back, it’s beyond annoying and hijacking a pretty cool topic.

+1
    Please wait...
    garfield
    Participant

*NSYNC is a McCoy hater, of course he thinks the pick was underwhelming. Not enough clutch fourth quarter sacks or whatever idiotic stat he was obsessed with for his liking. McCoy was a slam dunk and had a better career than the DT in front of him whom everyone wanted.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.