Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• GO BUCS!!

Participant

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000341796/article/2012-nfl-draft-doover-redskins-take-wilson-not-rgiiiInteresting take on the 2012 draft. I guess the national media is finalizing realizing how good of a player Luke Kuechly really has become. Very interesting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh dear god not this again. Manning is better than Russell Wilson but the Seahawks are better than the Broncos. Hope that helps

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great subject matter.  I never get bored talking about Kuechly. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does this mean that mark Barron was a great pick?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no.  I see over a half dozen guys I’d take over him. 

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

Barron would have been a nice pick in the 2nd round but at 7 it was a horrible pick. Harrison Smith was drafted at the end of the 1st and he’s a better player than Barron. just saying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucky Brooks has no friggin clue and only follows Bucs through highlights and stat sheet if he thinks David is inferior to Kuechly and 3 other LBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How exactly does he have the Vikings being able to spend that draft pick on Gordon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lavonte lasts until pick 24? That makes absolutely no sense. If there was a re-do I could see him going top 10. He’s a monster in the 4-3, but part of me thinks if he was in a 3-4 in a Clay Matthews role he would be putting up crazy numbers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To answer the original question, he wouldn’t go higher than 6th on a redraft. Only stupid teams would pass up Luck, Wilson, Griffin, Foles for anyone. Whether or not they are actually franchise QBs is irrelevant at this point. So far, they have shown they can be and that puts those as the top 4 picks.So at 5 you're choosing between 3 All-Pros: Gordon, Kuechly and David.  Gordon has to be the choice. It's a passing league and he was unbelievable last year. Kuechly would go at 6 and the Bucs would take David at 7. I still think Barron would go top 15 and I think people here are forgetting how good some of his games were last year. I remember about 4 games where he looked like an All-Pro safety. He just needs to string together about 16 of them. I think he becomes a top 5 safety this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. This is a redraft assuming everyone has perfect 20/20 vision into the future…..and we still take Barron over David? Bwhahaha! How stupid!Then, with the 8th pick the Dolphins pass on a sh1t load of great players to take a RB with little to no ability as a receiver? Who comes up with this garbage?Only good thing about this entire pile of garbage, is that it shows we got three 1st round talents in the 2012 draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How exactly does he have the Vikings being able to spend that draft pick on Gordon?

Vikings would definitely still take Kalil.  He's been very good for them since day one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To answer the original question, he wouldn't go higher than 6th on a redraft. Only stupid teams would pass up Luck, Wilson, Griffin, Foles for anyone. Whether or not they are actually franchise QBs is irrelevant at this point. So far, they have shown So at 5 you're choosing between 3 All-Pros: Gordon, Kuechly and David.  Gordon has to be the choice. It's a passing league and he was unbelievable last year. Kuechly would go at 6 and the Bucs would take David at 7. I still think Barron would go top 15 and I think people here are forgetting how good some of his games were last year. I remember about 4 games where he looked like an All-Pro safety. He just needs to string together about 16 of them. I think he becomes a top 5 safety this year.

No, seriously.  Gordon wasn't in this draft.  If the idea is that people would have spent a first round pick on him in the supplemental draft (reasonable), the pick that would have been forfeited would have been in the 2013 draft.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

To answer the original question, he wouldn't go higher than 6th on a redraft. Only stupid teams would pass up Luck, Wilson, Griffin, Foles for anyone. Whether or not they are actually franchise QBs is irrelevant at this point. So far, they have shown So at 5 you're choosing between 3 All-Pros: Gordon, Kuechly and David.  Gordon has to be the choice. It's a passing league and he was unbelievable last year. Kuechly would go at 6 and the Bucs would take David at 7. I still think Barron would go top 15 and I think people here are forgetting how good some of his games were last year. I remember about 4 games where he looked like an All-Pro safety. He just needs to string together about 16 of them. I think he becomes a top 5 safety this year.

No, seriously.  Gordon wasn't in this draft.  If the idea is that people would have spent a first round pick on him in the supplemental draft (reasonable), the pick that would have been forfeited would have been in the 2013 draft.

Was wondering the exact same thing. Sort of dumb to put Gordon in the re-draft when he wasn't available in the original.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

absolutely HORRIBLE article. Barron above Doug Martin and Lavontae David?? Come one. That’s not even comparing him to the other 31 team’s picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucky Brooks has no friggin clue and only follows Bucs through highlights and stat sheet if he thinks David is inferior to Kuechly and 3 other LBs.

I'll take David over any LB in that class, easy. He's a top 5 LB in the NFL for my money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lavonte lasts until pick 24? That makes absolutely no sense. If there was a re-do I could see him going top 10. He's a monster in the 4-3, but part of me thinks if he was in a 3-4 in a Clay Matthews role he would be putting up crazy numbers.

In a re-do, David goes before Kuechly, that's a fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha, you're right. I didn't even think about it. I was really just going by who he had listed. My mistake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lavonte lasts until pick 24? That makes absolutely no sense. If there was a re-do I could see him going top 10. He's a monster in the 4-3, but part of me thinks if he was in a 3-4 in a Clay Matthews role he would be putting up crazy numbers.

Agreed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it depends on whos picking.David is all pro without a doubt, but there are some Ds that wont want a guy like David at Will no matter how good he is.It really is a case of perfect fit for us and hes a stud.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think with Lavonte it’s more a matter of 4-3 OLBs not being valued as high in the draft, or the NFL in general, as they used to. Prolly same case for Doug Martin and RBs. That said, Lavonte and Martin shouldve both been 5-10 spots higher. Theyre dynamic talents

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With these mock drafts, Bucky Brooks has proven himself time and time again to be one of the biggest fucking idiots ever. First he had the Bucs selecting Marion Barber at the Cadillac pick, then he kept Tebow in the first round, now all this nonsense. What an awful awful writer.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

Not sure I agree with some of the decisions:- Dolphins going for Morris instead of Tannehill? Don't see it. Tannehill improve a fair bit in his second season, and could be set for a big jump. From an outsiders perspective I think they might have their franchise QB.- Lavonte David going that late? Again, don't see it. The guy is a stud that can play outside in 4-3 or 3-4 (like another poster I think in a Clay Matthews type role he could thrive).- Gordon was a supplementry draft pick and wasn't available in the draft, so pointless to include him.- Luck over Wilson? Wilson over RG3? Not sure I entirely agree with his logic. If he's raving about Wilson and his ring, and that has bumped him up, surely he goes ahead of Luck as well because he's been the "best" QB from the class so far...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're pretty clearly confused about what a fact is, slugger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only the fucking dumbest GM in the league would take Kuechly over David.  So I guess it's not a fact but an educated guess on how things would go down. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only the **CENSORED**ing dumbest GM in the league would take Kuechly over David.  So I guess it's not a fact but an educated guess on how things would go down.

I'm not sure how you come up with your facts, 10lb. I'd be willing to guess that outside of Tampa, Kuechly is viewed as a better player than David. I think that bullshlt by the way and hopefully, your "fact" comes to fruition after this season....but as of today, your "fact" is pure speculation without any factual basis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only the **CENSORED**ing dumbest GM in the league would take Kuechly over David.  So I guess it's not a fact but an educated guess on how things would go down.

I'm not sure how you come up with your facts, 10lb. I'd be willing to guess that outside of Tampa, Kuechly is viewed as a better player than David. I think that bullshlt by the way and hopefully, your "fact" comes to fruition after this season....but as of today, your "fact" is pure speculation without any factual basis.

Maybe my assumption that a GM has access to the same tape I do.  David is a difference maker with better stats on a shittier team.  Kuechly, while a solid player, has one unique characteristic that allows him to stand out, and like Urlacher before him he gets a lot more attention then he deserves. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kuechly, while a solid player, has one unique characteristic that allows him to stand out, and like Urlacher before him he gets a lot more attention then he deserves.

I completely agree with that assessment and it's because of that characteristic that he's viewed as a better player than he actually is.The NFL's top 100 starts in a few weeks. We know Weakly will be very high while we have no idea if David will be there at all.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Lavonte vs Kuechly 2013 stats(winner in parentheses) Total tackles- 145 vs 156(LK)Solo tackles- 107 vs 93(LD)Sacks- 7 vs 2(LD)Ints-5 vs 4(LD)PDef-15 vs 11(LD)FF-2 vs 0(LD)TFL-20 vs 12(LD)I usually don't agree with 10lbbass but here I would say David is a better player from stats in general as well as the tape I have seen. Have seen Lavonte play every game as a pro and Kuechly maybe like 4 games so it may not be a fair evaluation, but David's stats are better the Kuechly and if they switched teams David would have probably been DPOY.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure, I’m inclined to agree that David is better than Kuechly, but there are some pretty derpy GMs out there.  I’m more taken aback by David being the *fourth* linebacker taken rather than the his still going behind Kuechly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure, I'm inclined to agree that David is better than Kuechly, but there are some pretty derpy GMs out there.  I'm more taken aback by David being the *fourth* linebacker taken rather than the his still going behind Kuechly.

Agreed.  These re-do's are done by somebody fresh off the dust. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only fact I know is that Kuechly is better than Barron. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only fact is that Kuechly, Burfict, Wagner, and David are all great young LBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's great is under Lovie, Barron will rise quickly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barron would have been a nice pick in the 2nd round but at 7 it was a horrible pick. Harrison Smith was drafted at the end of the 1st and he's a better player than Barron. just saying.

Not defending the Barron pick, but Smith was not better than Barron last year.  Rookie year yes, but Barron played pretty well last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then let me give you another one.  David is better than both.

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

I wish we had Luke and David. Luke is clearly a better football player than Barron. That is a fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barron would have been a nice pick in the 2nd round but at 7 it was a horrible pick. Harrison Smith was drafted at the end of the 1st and he's a better player than Barron. just saying.

Not defending the Barron pick, but Smith was not better than Barron last year.  Rookie year yes, but Barron played pretty well last year.

Barron balled last year when healthy , outside of a few coverage busts . Come to find out a lot of that was due to the scheme and the guys as a whole not knowing where they were supposed to be .He had a few games where he was still downright dominant despite this. I'm talking 10+ tackle games with pass breakups , INt's , sacks , etc. You could also see a dropoff in the defense when Barron got hurt . He makes a difference out there and is only going to be better in a structured Cover 2 like Lovie runs where he knows where he needs to be. Would Kuechly have been a better pick ? Sure ?? But it's water under the bridge and Barron is going to be a great player for us also.

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.