Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Holy cow the odds just came out on my sportsbet website. I cant post a link but I can tell you what the odds are.Nawlins 2.5 to 1Hotlanta and Carolina 3.5 to 1Buccaneers 6 to 1 :o6 to 1. And Carolina is 3.5 to 1 and have no WR's. Bizzare.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

History defines perceptions which matter here. Recent history hasn't been kind to us. QB's matter, we have the worst one in the division. You give me CAR's WR's with any other QB in the division and I still take any of those teams over us with our QB and WR's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy cow the odds just came out on my sportsbet website. I cant post a link but I can tell you what the odds are.Nawlins 2.5 to 1Hotlanta and Carolina 3.5 to 1Buccaneers 6 to 1 :o6 to 1. And Carolina is 3.5 to 1 and have no WR's. Bizzare.

This year will give us the truth about Cam Newton. The guy has all the arm in the world but I question his ability to work through a full range of his progressions. I could be wrong, but I see him as a Kaepernick, RGIII one read, maybe quick reads then take off kind of QB. I'm interested to see what happens when his receiver core stinks and they can't get open. Will he get better at working through his progressions? Will be take off running more? Will he force the ball into bad situations like he did when he was a rookie?I'll be watching close. His defense will keep him in the game and minimize how much is asked of him which is a HUGE help for developing young QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

History defines perceptions which matter here. Recent history hasn't been kind to us. QB's matter, we have the worst one in the division. You give me CAR's WR's with any other QB in the division and I still take any of those teams over us with our QB and WR's.

^ this ^Also not surprised, but then again, at the beginning of the last year Atlanta was usually ranked in the top 5 in terms of power ranking and they were the odds on favorite to get to the Superbowl and Carolina and us were ranked about the same. You really just can't pay any attention to these types of things unless you are actually gambling. I'm not really sure how much better we got and if any of the other teams in the division actually got better or worse. I can tell you that the Saints fans are very confident, the Carolina fans are worried and the Atlanta fans are basically hopeful. I would say on the whole the Buc fans are encouraged. Most here expect us to be better, that New Orleans is probably the team that will win the division and that both Atlanta and Carolina are possibly slightly better than us or we may have even caught up with them. In that case, the odds are about correct - at least from a gambling standpoint.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is going to surprise a lot of people around here. If McCown was in our division last year he would have been the no.1 QB in the division in YPA at 8.2. The only QBs with more than 200 attempts who had a higher YPA were Nick Foles and Aaron Rodgers. Drew Brees had 7.9 YPA. He was only behind Foles in QB Rating. Rated no.2 QBR in the NFL. Using ESPNs QBR he was 1st. How exactly was he so great last year, is lighting it up in the offseason this year yet ... what? Is he going to forget how to QB or sonething? I dont get it ... and I have seen a lot of people say that but not a lot of Bears fans were happy to see him go ... the ones who actually watched him play. lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think McCown is going to surprise many and light it up this year. Tedford plus a plethora of big, fast weapons who can run and catch and a vet QB who can quickly grasp the system. I like it.

Please wait…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.