Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• GoldsonAges

Participant

With the way we just started the season, this has to be a discussion. Regardless of the fact that Tennessee has a brand new offensive and defensive scheme is no excuse for our effort on Sunday. There was obviously an issue with preparing our players to play. Another issue is the lack of gameday coaching adjustments. I mean how many times are you going to watch Mariota burn you with the quick short passes before you adjust your gameplan? Where was the bump on the LOS? Where was the double teaming everything short middle? I am not an advocate of firing a coach during the season and neither are the Glazers thanfully, but looking to next year if we don’t improve here are three intriguing coaches who may or may not be available.Chuck Pagano is rumored to be on the way out of Indy at season's end. A lot of his success is because of Andrew Luck, but opposite to Lovie Smith, Pagano has his team ready to play on a weekly basis. Early in the season last year, his coaching was masterful in a blowout win at SF. That is when I took notice of how prepared his team was in all three phases of the game. Outside of Luck, his front office has done a very poor overall job at acquiring talent for him.Sean Payton - Yes, believe it or not taking a perennial loser to Superbowl Champions does nit guarantee you a gig. Sean Payton would be so good on so many levels for our offense. But his personnel moves have been atrocious and we would want to make it clear to him that he would have input but zero final say on personnel. Chip Kelly - The wonder boy has taken the NFL by storm, but his issues begin with the team handing him control over personnel. He is another coach that could do wonders for our offense, but would have to be given input but zero personnel decision making.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

With the way we just started the season, this has to be a discussion. Regardless of the fact that Tennessee has a brand new offensive and defensive scheme is no excuse for our effort on Sunday. There was obviously an issue with preparing our players to play. Another issue is the lack of gameday coaching adjustments. I mean how many times are you going to watch Mariota burn you with the quick short passes before you adjust your gameplan? Where was the bump on the LOS? Where was the double teaming everything short middle? I am not an advocate of firing a coach during the season and neither are the Glazers thanfully, but looking to next year if we don't improve here are three intriguing coaches who may or may not be available.Chuck Pagano is rumored to be on the way out of Indy at season's end. A lot of his success is because of Andrew Luck, but opposite to Lovie Smith, Pagano has his team ready to play on a weekly basis. Early in the season last year, his coaching was masterful in a blowout win at SF. That is when I took notice of how prepared his team was in all three phases of the game. Outside of Luck, his front office has done a very poor overall job at acquiring talent for him.Sean Payton - Yes, believe it or not taking a perennial loser to Superbowl Champions does nit guarantee you a gig. Sean Payton would be so good on so many levels for our offense. But his personnel moves have been atrocious and we would want to make it clear to him that he would have input but zero final say on personnel. Chip Kelly - The wonder boy has taken the NFL by storm, but his issues begin with the team handing him control over personnel. He is another coach that could do wonders for our offense, but would have to be given input but zero personnel decision making.

LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sean Payton - Yes, believe it or not taking a perennial loser to Superbowl Champions does nit guarantee you a gig. Sean Payton would be so good on so many levels for our offense. But his personnel moves have been atrocious and we would want to make it clear to him that he would have input but zero final say on personnel.

“Well, isn't that SPE-CIAL?"churchlady.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why would Chip and Payton be going anywhere, just asking?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chip first.Personnel failures. Trading Foles and trading for Bradford. Trading LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso. Signing Ryan Matthews and Demarco Murray while neglecting his OL. That offense is going to be worse this year and the defense is not good. He will likely be fired at the end of the year.Payton has only reached 7 wins twice in the last 3 years and starts 2015 0-1. All of the roster moves look to be really bad and will make them worse. Trading a 1st and 3rd for Brandin Cooks was outrageous when they could have stayed put and drafted Kelvin Benjamin AND John Brown. But that is only one error of many. See Kenny Vaccaro. I dont know if he will be fired or not but if they have another bad year and the family trust wins their suit to oversee the team, it is possible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to know how Chip's offense can be run by the man with cement boots?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to know how Chip's offense can be run by the man with cement boots?

Chip may be biding time until RG gets released.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh, this thread just speaks volumes. The misinformed fans out there need to pump the breaks already. For godsakes, its early Sunday morning and we are an 0-1 football team. At least wait until October before you start this crap. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t quite given up on Lovie yet but if they do eventually fire him they need an offensive minded coach.  Not sure any of those coaches will be available, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I refuse to give up hope just yet. But if this ship does sink, and I’ve been banging this drum for years, DAVID SHAW is the man we need to go after. He is 44-13 as a HC, has a history of developing QBs into stars,  and is an offensive minded guy, who has extensive experience coaching WRs and QBs at the pro level.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lovie is fired along with Licht, Winston will be out the door with them, or at the very least the new coach/GM will be bringing in their own QB for competition.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do not think this is premature…2-15 and looking down the barrel at being probably 2-18…this discussion should be hadChip Kelley...NO...he wants TOTAL control and I am vehemently against that type of system, it has NEVER proven to be successful.David Shaw...NO MORE COLLEGE COACHES!!!Pagano...IF he were to get fired, that would be an interesting option. I think there is a great deal of friction between him and the front office...which may lead to his demise. It doesn't have anything to do with his ability to coach. Irsay is a crazy owner who expects at least 2 SB trophies just because they have Luck...Petyon MAY have worn out his welcome in NO, but I honestly don't know if they can him this year after...even if they suck. Ryan will be gone for sure and that may buy Peyton another year.Personally, I think we will be having this discussion all year long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lovie is fired along with Licht, Winston will be out the door with them, or at the very least the new coach/GM will be bringing in their own QB for competition.

I just wonder about Licht...do you retain him to keep some sort of continuity in the organization? Do the Glazers really want to NUKE everything and start all over again? I mean, seriously, that is going to be painful if we do that...AGAIN!I say, keep Licht and put EVERYTHING on his shoulders...the coaching hire and all personnel decisions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doug Pederson

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow GoldsonAges, can we get through game 2 first?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh, this thread just speaks volumes. The misinformed fans out there need to pump the breaks already. For godsakes, its early Sunday morning and we are an 0-1 football team. At least wait until October before you start this crap.

Fire coaches and release quarterbacks, it's what we do around here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David Shaw...NO MORE COLLEGE COACHES!!!

Pete Caroll Chip KellyJim HarbaughJohn HarbaughTom CoughlinJimmy JohnsonDon't let Toes On the Line cloud your judgement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pete Caroll Chip KellyJim HarbaughJohn HarbaughTom CoughlinJimmy JohnsonDon't let Toes On the Line cloud your judgement.

This team could use a little "toes on the line"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team could use a little "toes on the line"

Or "toes to the as$".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the way we just started the season, this has to be a discussion. Regardless of the fact that Tennessee has a brand new offensive and defensive scheme is no excuse for our effort on Sunday. There was obviously an issue with preparing our players to play. Another issue is the lack of gameday coaching adjustments. I mean how many times are you going to watch Mariota burn you with the quick short passes before you adjust your gameplan? Where was the bump on the LOS? Where was the double teaming everything short middle? I am not an advocate of firing a coach during the season and neither are the Glazers thanfully, but looking to next year if we don't improve here are three intriguing coaches who may or may not be available.Chuck Pagano is rumored to be on the way out of Indy at season's end. A lot of his success is because of Andrew Luck, but opposite to Lovie Smith, Pagano has his team ready to play on a weekly basis. Early in the season last year, his coaching was masterful in a blowout win at SF. That is when I took notice of how prepared his team was in all three phases of the game. Outside of Luck, his front office has done a very poor overall job at acquiring talent for him.Sean Payton - Yes, believe it or not taking a perennial loser to Superbowl Champions does nit guarantee you a gig. Sean Payton would be so good on so many levels for our offense. But his personnel moves have been atrocious and we would want to make it clear to him that he would have input but zero final say on personnel. Chip Kelly - The wonder boy has taken the NFL by storm, but his issues begin with the team handing him control over personnel. He is another coach that could do wonders for our offense, but would have to be given input but zero personnel decision making.

Your thread does not jive with this recent post from you:

LOLAnyone in their right mind would stay away from this place right now because of all the knee jerkers around here who have proclaimed:Winston is a bust after one gameWe picked the wrong QB after one game. Lovie should be fired after one game.We should promote the OC with zero head coaching experience or aspirations to interim head coach.You guys are ridiculous. Really.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I refuse to give up hope just yet. But if this ship does sink, and I've been banging this drum for years, DAVID SHAW is the man we need to go after. He is 44-13 as a HC, has a history of developing QBs into stars,  and is an offensive minded guy, who has extensive experience coaching WRs and QBs at the pro level.

He's an offensive dinosaur.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been a fan of Tom Clements from GB for a while. He was QB coach. Promoted to OC when Philbin when to Miami and this year they promoted him to Assit HC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah, it feels good to be done talking about this crap. Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

after todays performance we need to do whatever it takes to get sean payton here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

after todays performance we need to do whatever it takes to get sean payton here.

They may be the Bucs of last season.  Fail for Cardale. That would buy Payton time.

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.